Kyle Shanahan

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

I disagree. The play calling/run usage was terrible in the second half. Completely abandoned until overtime.

A couple drives there weren't many runs.  I think KC was loading the box, so running into that probably isnt ideal either.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Brutal.

Well one of those was against the goat and two were against the guy that might be the next goat. There's also the part where he didn't draw up the ball hitting his guys foot on a punt return...

• Like 1

Just now, jofos said:

Well one of those was against the goat and two were against the guy that might be the next goat. There's also the part where he didn't draw up the ball hitting his guys foot on a punt return...

He also didnt draw up a pass bouncing off Detroit DB facemask ending up as a 50+ yard catch.  Lucky bounce 1 game, unlucky bounce next game.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

A couple drives there weren't many runs.  I think KC was loading the box, so running into that probably isnt ideal either.

And yet the Niners were still gaining yardage each attempt. Oh, and Christian McCaffery, Trent Williams, and Shanahan is brilliant scheming the run when he uses it.

Edited by DoleINGout

CMC had 22 carries wtf are we talking about. 

We are criticizing 3 drives that went 3 and out in the third quarter?

One of which was started by CMC running for no gain?

One of which was started by a -8 yard screen pass?

The third of which had a false start penalty on second that put them in 2nd and 15?

All 3 put them in passing situations on 3rd.

-----------

I feel like you guys are grasping for something to critique tbh

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 6

One thing about that the 49ers have going for it them is the NFC isn’t a gauntlet like the AFC. I do like how the Packers are building their team and the Lions are nice as well. Cowboys are the Cowboys and the Eagles are losing a lot of pieces and that secondary needs a lot of help.

• Like 1

There is no excuse for Kyle not to win this one. The defense played well enough. The offense had a 10pt lead at one point in the game. Cant blame it on Purdy as he played well enough for the Niners to win. He certainly didnt lose the game for the Niners. You can blame Moody for missing that XP bc had he not missed it the Chiefs wouldve needed to score a TD instead of kicking a FG to send it into OT. But Im not going to blame Moody bc he did hit the longest FG in Superbowl history before Butker topped it on his kick.

It all comes down to Kyle conservative playcalling down the stretch. Im not second guessing when I say 4th and 2 down in the redzone he shouldve went for it. Settling for a FG when you have Mahomes on the other side and you know he is going to want to put the ball in the endzone to win. Like Kyle know better. Play to win and not to lose. If you are the genius offensive minded coach then Im sure you can dial up something to get 2yds. Then he had twice 3rd and 4 and couldnt get it.

At the end of the day how many times Kyle is going to be up by 10pts in the Superbowl and NFCCG and lose. Thats not counting being up 25pts in the Superbowl as an OC and the offense went in the tank they the Falcons blew it in epic fashion. It feels like that person who won the lottery twice in a short span and still blew it all and went broke. Thats why I dont consider Kyle in the elite category. You cant get blowing double digit leads with a great roster that he has in the biggest spots.  

22 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Just like Lamar Jackson. He’s young! Give him 20 more years! The narrative can change! Very small data on both these choking phenoms. We need more!! More data! More years! More. 

Yeah generally you would wait until somebody's career is over before declaring them losers forever more. Peyton Manning was 30 before he won his 1st... and then 39 before he barely won a 2nd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It all comes down to Kyle conservative playcalling down the stretch. Im not second guessing when I say 4th and 2 down in the redzone he shouldve went for it. Settling for a FG when you have Mahomes on the other side and you know he is going to want to put the ball in the endzone to win.

Could not disagree more.

Their defense was giving the Chiefs problems all night. 

If he goes for it on 4th and 2 and they get stopped and Mahomes drives down for a FG, Kyle is crucified.

He absolutely made the right decision imo, their defense was just too tired to get one more stop. 

• Like 2

Just now, Soggust said:

Could not disagree more.

If he goes for it on 4th and 2 and they get stopped and Mahomes drives down for a FG, Kyle is crucified.

He absolutely made the right decision imo, their defense was just too tired to get one more stop. 

The defense in overtime is the biggest thing I would point to. Playing so far off on one snap, then blitzing 6 guys the next.. just two extremes that will get you beat

• Like 1

Just now, adamq said:

The defense in overtime is the biggest thing I would point to. Playing so far off on one snap, then blitzing 6 guys the next.. just two extremes that will get you beat

I did not like the prevent defense that let them walk right into field goal range. 

Well I did, but didn't like it for you guys I mean.

That's probably the fairest criticism I've heard so far.

I just felt like they were really gassed at that point, although maybe they shouldn't have been since the 49ers had a really long FG drive.

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Could not disagree more.

And that is more reason to go win it. The defense was too tired you dont put them back out there. You go for the win. Trust that your players want it more and will not lose to the Chiefs AGAIN.