NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

When it comes to the Alt and the OL debate as a whole,  I’m of the mindset of don’t overthink it. Alt has gotten better every year, is still young so there’s still room for growth, has the pedigree, has high level film, has passed all athletic testing with flying colors. He’s checked all the boxes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

When it comes to the Alt and the OL debate as a whole,  I’m of the mindset of don’t overthink it. Alt has gotten better every year, is still young so there’s still room for growth, has the pedigree, has high level film, has passed all athletic testing with flying colors. He’s checked all the boxes. 

look who’s right up there with them…ain’t no way lmao 😭

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Exactly. It’s that time of year where a guy who has been a borderline top 5 pick for a while, people start saying he’s not that good and there’s others better. I feel the same way with MHJ and Nabers. Let someone else take Nabers and let MHJ fall right to 7. I still don’t see MHJ getting by 4 though.

22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

look who’s right up there with them…ain’t no way lmao 😭

Charts are neat, but numbers are flawed. You can lose a rep to a DL badly and if it doesn’t affect the play, it doesn’t count as a pressure allowed.

And all PFF grades are advisory at best.

After much thought. 

I'm loosely back on the desire to take the best WR early. 

Not an argument. Just my preference. I want a playmaker, especially if Nabors or Harrison falls. 

Read an post randomly on Twitter explaining how the generational talent of Joe Thomas did nothing overall for the Browns. 

While the generational talent of Calvin Johnson on the Lions got them to the playoffs 2 times after getting Stafford. And made them fun to watch. 

Not saying anyone is or isn't a generational talent in this draft.

I'm like Callahan. I prefer guys that can score touchdowns.  

Even in our own backyard, can we compare our records of games when Lewan missed to when AJ missed? 

"But Levis won't have time to throw." Like Callahan said blocking is more than just the line and it takes a cohesive group to be the best line and that can come in multiple ways. 

That's my view. Not trying to convince anyone or change anyone's mind. Not trying to get into I'm right. You're wrong thing. Just voicing an opinion. 

Give me the playmaker. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

After much thought. 

Not an argument. Just my preference. I want a playmaker, especially if Nabors or Harrison falls. 

Read an post randomly on Twitter explaining how the generational talent of Joe Thomas did nothing overall for the Browns. 

While the generational talent of Calvin Johnson on the Lions got them to the playoffs 2 times after getting Stafford. And made them fun to watch. 

Even in our own backyard, can we compare our records of games when Lewan missed to when AJ missed? 

"But Levis won't have time to throw." Like Callahan said blocking is more than just the line and it takes a cohesive group to be the best line and that can come in multiple ways. 

That's my view. Not trying to convince anyone or change anyone's mind. Not trying to get into I'm right. You're wrong thing. Just voicing an opinion. 

Give me the playmaker. 

Give me Nabers or MHJ if they fall to 7, if not trade down get an edge rusher or OT

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

After much thought. 

Give me the playmaker. 

I won't be mad w/ Alt, but I'm with you. If we have a chance at a top WR, give me the WR.

We desperately need a sense of competency at LT, but I'd rather be average at LT and great at WR versus the opposite.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I won't be mad w/ Alt, but I'm with you. If we have a chance at a top WR, give me the WR.

We desperately need a sense of competency at LT, but I'd rather be average at LT and great at WR versus the opposite.

Yeah I won't be mad whatever we do. I just have a preference. 

I'm with you. 

I think you can be a great team with average OL play. Or average players in a great scheme. 

Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Give me the playmaker. 

Thats my thought process. Just give me a guy who sticks out when he plays. I love a great o line more than anything, but not at the cost of just picking the guy to pick him. Find me the BPA at the highest tier positional value.

I really can find great reasons to love a lot of the WRs and Tackles. Ima leave it up to Ran to just find that guy. No heavy preference for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

https://underdognetwork.com/football/nfl-draft/2024-nfl-mock-draft-one-month-out

Doubt it happens, but what a dope situation for us to trade back with a team like the Jets and still get Alt while picking up some much needed draft capital.

Teams might be itching to get one of those top 3 WRs and we may have the crack at the last one at 7.

Did a simulator the other day and traded 7 for 10. 72. And 2025 3rd. 

It made me look at who behind us and I didn't see those teams taking an OT.  It laid out similar to this mock. 

That would be a dream come true. 

• Like 1

I have no problem in theory with taking a WR at 7 over a tackle. If. If anyone can make a case other than “we don’t know what the future holds” or pretending that Callahan has a magic wand to make players immediately able to handle the left side when they don’t project any of the ability, for a prospect that’s projected to be available at the top of the second who won’t come in Day 1 and get Levis butchered at his blind side.

Because none of the Day 2 guys look ready to me, and that’s where I keep seeing an issue.

I would love a trade down to add value and grab Fashanu or Fautanu, but if Alt is there, fixing the biggest problem on the team with the best player at that position, when it’s also a premium NFL position, really feels like a no brainer move.

• Like 5

Joe Alt being the only OL they've got a top 30 visit with gives me hope.

A world where we come out of the first two rounds with Joe Alt and either Roman Wilson or Darius Robinson is a pretty good world.

Really surprised to see two running backs.

58 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Talk about Chargers taking Alt are heating up. 
I can imagine the outrage when the Titans don't trade back and take an OT like Lathum, Fuaga or Mims.