NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

this is how I legit feel in my heart of hearts. I don't think JJ is going in the top 10...maybe not even the first. I doubt NFL GMs are as high on him as some of the media swirl/buzz is making it seem

• Like 3

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

If the first 4 picks go QB....

antonio-banderas-oh-yeah.gif

I'm starting to believe that Harbaugh takes Alt. 

If all QBs go 1-4.

Harrison Jr has to go to New York right?

Leaves Nabors, Odunze, Bowers (for those that fancy him), Best Defensive player, Olu and Lathum as possible choices in my mind.

You'd have to go Nabors in this scenario right?

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm starting to believe that Harbaugh takes Alt. 

If all QBs go 1-4.

Harrison Jr has to go to New York right?

Leaves Nabors, Odunze, Bowers (for those that fancy him), Best Defensive player, Olu and Lathum as possible choices in my mind.

You'd have to go Nabors in this scenario right?

You run to the podium if Nabers is there!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

this is how I legit feel in my heart of hearts. I don't think JJ is going in the top 10...maybe not even the first. I doubt NFL GMs are as high on him as some of the media swirl/buzz is making it seem

The only reason I think the McCarthy buzz is legit is the Vikings making moves.  The only way they're doing what they're doing is if they're gonna trade up to one of the top picks for a QB.  Likely either 4 or 5.  And that's McCarthy.

The only way it's not is if they're moving up to 3 for Daniels, if the Pats are trying to go another route.  But it's hard for me to see that one being the case.

I know it's misinformation season, but the Vikings are making moves, and the NFL teams tend to be way, way better informed than the draft community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Or if you believe reports of Harrison Jr being behind Nabors, then you run to grab Harrison Jr. 

if it’s MHJ you run up there and slam the card on the table like you cutting in spades lol

• Like 2

I think worst case is:

Harrison Jr -> Cardinals

Alt -> Chargers

Nabers -> Giants

If that happens I think it's Odunze or trade down. Maybe we consider Dallas Turner but I think I'd want a trade down and pick up a tackle after moving back a few spots. Hopefully the Vikings would get antsy.

I also don;t believe the McCarthy hype. To me Penix is the guy people should be moving up for. Tons of experience. Arguably the best arm in the draft. I get the knee issue and he's older, but QB's play into their 40's now and he's not running routes or making jump cuts in the hole. 

Don't get it. Maybe scouts think he's maxed out his talent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I also don;t believe the McCarthy hype. To me Penix is the guy people should be moving up for. Tons of experience. Arguably the best arm in the draft. I get the knee issue and he's older, but QB's play into their 40's now and he's not running routes or making jump cuts in the hole. 

I think his durability is a major concern. He also has strange mechanics. 

27 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

his profile is comparable to maye’s (they both have a great arm, horrendous footwork/lower body mechanics, and questions about how they’ll translate processing-wise) but he’s way older, has an injury history a mile long, and (whether this is a good rationale or not) put on a display of basically every single negative on his scouting report in the highest-profile game of his career. i can see why teams would be wary.

2 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I think worst case is:

Harrison Jr -> Cardinals

Alt -> Chargers

Nabers -> Giants

If that happens I think it's Odunze or trade down. Maybe we consider Dallas Turner but I think I'd want a trade down and pick up a tackle after moving back a few spots. Hopefully the Vikings would get antsy.

Rather trade down get Javon baker in the 2nd at 38. He’s going to be a steal 

Late Night OL watching.
I like Troy Fautanu the most out the OT. Followed by JC Lathum. Something about Lathum I can't shake. I just like him. 

Fautanu. He is so athletic. Great pass blocking skills. Good run blocker.  I like them more than Alt honestly. 

47 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Late Night OL watching.
I like Troy Fautanu the most out the OT. Followed by JC Lathum. Something about Lathum I can't shake. I just like him. 

Fautanu. He is so athletic. Great pass blocking skills. Good run blocker.  I like them more than Alt honestly. 

Good run blocker 😖 meh. Pass pro excellent 

fautana I love he’s nasty a dawg in a phone booth. JC lanthum I like but I see him as RT/ G

Need either four QBs to go in the top six picks so that one of Alt, MHJ of Nabers falls to us or that if one of the QBs fall to us it’s one that a team like Denver, Oakland or Minnesota is willing to trade with us to get him. Stating the obvious here but those are really the ideal scenario for us.

This is the time every year where the anxiety for who we pick starts to hit me.