NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

22 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Good argument for the Tackle first.

Very true. However doesn't account for the recent WR salary trend that started with AJ's draft class. In my opinion. 

Taking in account the boom of 7 on 7 and guys developed a lot earlier. 

Chase. Jefferson. Lamb. Aiyuk. Waddle. Devonta Smith will get big bucks. 

Then projecting Addison, Flowers Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave. DJ Moore. 

That's 10 right there that are likely to reset the market all 1st rounders. 

In about a year if not now. I can see where it's you gotta draft you a WR early to get them cheaper and longer. 

I just can't see the Chargers going tackle at all in the first. Looking at their tackles they have especially in Rashawn Slater at LT vs. the WRs they have, it's such an easy decision for them to take Malik Nabers, even with Harbaugh wanting to be extra physical or whatever. And if the Cards were to trade out with the Vikings for McCarthy they would HAVE to take Marvin Harrison JR. It's a no brainer to me. Same thing with the Giants. I don't see how Alt doesn't fall to us. 

Just a random thought I've been thinking about lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I just can't see the Chargers going tackle at all in the first. Looking at their tackles they have especially in Rashawn Slater at LT vs. the WRs they have, it's such an easy decision for them to take Malik Nabers, even with Harbaugh wanting to be extra physical or whatever. And if the Cards were to trade out with the Vikings for McCarthy they would HAVE to take Marvin Harrison JR. It's a no brainer to me. Same thing with the Giants. I don't see how Alt doesn't fall to us. 

Just a random thought I've been thinking about lol

I will say what I've always heard from people/coaches...etc.  It's about the best five.  Jonahtan Ogden played OG for a big before going to LT.  
Sewell in Detriot was a LT and is on the right now. 
Chargers don't have a great RT, I think he is highly paid but not good. I know there is talk of moving that guy to OG. 
Rememeber Lewan also play RT for a season. 

I can see a scenario where Alt is drafted and plays RT.  I've seen him compared to RT's in some areas.

Harbaugh could feel that he can still get a good WR in the 2nd round high where they are picking. 
Who knows with that guy. lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I will say what I've always heard from people/coaches...etc.  It's about the best five.  Jonahtan Ogden played OG for a big before going to LT.  
Chargers don't have a great RT, I think he is highly paid but not good. I know there is talk of moving that guy to OG. 

I can see a scenario where Alt is drafted and plays RT.  I've seen him compared to RT's in some areas.

Harbaugh could feel that he can still get a good WR in the 2nd round high where they are picking. 

There were plays in the run game when ND played him on the right side as an extra blocker, FWIW.

Also, the fun thing might be that both Harbaugh and Callahan were basically asked the same question regarding to what they prefer between OL/WR. Callahan hinted WR, Harbaugh answered, not as subtly, OL. Again, take it for what it's worth.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I will say just because they are talking tackle high doesn't mean its Alt. I could see them having eyes for Latham, the natural right tackle, which is what they "need" versus converting a natural LT to the right side. Minnesota acquired two 1sts for a reason. Likely to trade with the Chargers? Moving back to 11 puts them in prime position to take Latham. 

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

I will say just because they are talking tackle high doesn't mean its Alt. I could see them having eyes for Latham, the natural right tackle, which is what they "need" versus converting a natural LT to the right side. Minnesota acquired two 1sts for a reason. Likely to trade with the Chargers? Moving back to 11 puts them in prime position to take Latham. 

That's another reason I will still be shocked if they take a tackle at all.  Latham, Fuaga, Mims, and Guyton already played on the right side, and can be acquired much later in the first if they trade down with one of the teams needing a QB.

Then there's Suimataia, Blake Fisher, and Christian Jones who all played on the right side and can be obtained much later than the first round.

Taking any one of them, later, and either trading down for a lot of capital, or drafting an elite receiver to replace all the receivers you just lost in free agency makes way more sense than taking Alt and flipping him to the right side and a WR later.  Or taking one of the other guys at 5.

It would be just such a resoundingly bad decision.  If we had a left tackle, I can't imagine passing on Nabers.  I'd be livid.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's another reason I will still be shocked if they take a tackle at all.  Latham, Fuaga, Mims, and Guyton already played on the right side, and can be acquired much later in the first if they trade down with one of the teams needing a QB.

Then there's Suimataia, Blake Fisher, and Christian Jones who all played on the right side and can be obtained much later than the first round.

Taking any one of them, later, and either trading down for a lot of capital, or drafting an elite receiver to replace all the receivers you just lost in free agency makes way more sense than taking Alt and flipping him to the right side and a WR later.  Or taking one of the other guys at 5.

It would be just such a resoundingly bad decision.  If we had a left tackle, I can't imagine passing on Nabers.  I'd be livid.

My thoughts exactly. They have their LT. Now they can get a #1 receiver. 

It would be like us not having Hopkins or Ridley and having Taylor Lewan still young and in his prime but still taking Joe Alt when either MHJ, Nabers, or Odunze is right there. I would probably be getting banned on here lol

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t in the back of my mind regarding Latham. Especially compared to Alt coming from Notre Dame, where the track record speaks for itself with the success their O-linemen has had in the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t in the back of my mind regarding Latham. Especially compared to Alt coming from Notre Dame, where the track record speaks for itself with the success their O-linemen has had in the NFL.

I'd like to see the comparison, but I think the hit rate on Bama players is low.  I don't know if it's worse for OLs.  I know one reason is it's a lot easier to do your job when everyone around you is doing theirs well, so the players aren't put in as many adverse situations as players on non-dynasty teams, but I think the other thing is injuries.  Bama players come out with a lot of tread off of their tires because of how hard Saban runs practices (i.e. not doing walkthroughs or half speed days or no pad days, stuff like that), and they come in with more wear and tear.