49ers fire defensive coordinator Steve Wilks

MaddHatter

This looks bad based on the game went, but as a Rams fan I was pumped when the 49ers signed him. He's just not a good DC and we saw that most of the year. I thought the gameplan in the SB was fantastic though. Good move for 49ers in the long run.

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 2

Everyone making jokes but the defense was kind of not good for a substantial portion of the year. There's a reason this was a talking point before the super bowl

He got a rough break because he had to run someone else's defense instead of his own. The performance of the defense left a lot to be desired

• Like 15

Just now, LeotheLion said:

This looks bad based on the game went, but as a Rams fan I was pumped when the 49ers signed him. He's just not a good DC and we saw that most of the year. I thought the gameplan in the SB was fantastic though.

How is he not a good DC?  He held Dak and the Boys to 10pts, McVay and Stafford to 23 and 20, Eagles to 19, Love to 21 and Mahomes to 19pts through 4 quarters

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This looks bad based on the game went, but as a Rams fan I was pumped when the 49ers signed him. He's just not a good DC and we saw that most of the year. I thought the gameplan in the SB was fantastic though. Good move for 49ers in the long run.

There was legit chatter that he was going to get canned over the bye week. 

I mostly feel bad for him because they didn't let him do his thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

How is he not a good DC?  He held Dak and the Boys to 10pts, McVay and Stafford to 23 and 20, Eagles to 19, Love to 21 and Mahomes to 19pts through 4 quarters

On the contrary, with a bye, his defense got gashed by the Pack and Lions.

• Like 1