Super Bowl Hangover Mock Draft - 1st round - With Trades

BowserBroncos

Trades:
Bears trade QB Justin Fields to the Steelers for 51 and a 2025 conditional 3rd
Broncos trade #12, #146, 2025 3rd round pick and TE Greg Dulcich to the Titans for #7
Jaguars trade #17, #96 and 2025 3rd round pick to the Vikings for #11
Texans trade #23, #59 and 2025 4th round pick to the Saints for #14
Eagles trade #22 and #53 to the Colts for #15
Bills trade #28, #60 and 2025 4th round pick to the Seahawks for #16
Lions trade #29 and #73 to the Dolphins for #21
Bears trade #51, #143 and 2025 3rd round pick to the Ravens for #30

1. Chicago (From Carolina) - Caleb Williams - QB - USC
2. Washington  - Jayden Daniels - QB - LSU
3. New England  - Drake Maye - QB - North Carolina
4. Arizona  - Marvin Harrison Jr. - WR - Ohio Stata
5. LA Chargers  - Joe Alt - OT - Notre Dame
6. NY Giants  - Taliese Fuaga - OT - Oregon State
7. Denver (From Tenneessee) - J.J. McCarthy - QB - Michigan
8. Atlanta  - Dallas Turner - EDGE - Alabama
9. Chicago  - Jared Verse - EDGE - Florida State
10. NY Jets  - Malik Nabers - WR - LSU
11. Jacksonville (From Minnesota) - Rome Odunze - WR - Washington
12. Tennessee (From Denver) - Olumuyiwa Fashanu - OT - Penn State
13. Las Vegas  - Terrion Arnold - CB - Alabama
14. Houston (From New Orleans) - Brock Bowers - TE - Georgia
15. Philadelphia (From Indianapolis) - Quinyon Mitchell - CB - Toledo
16. Buffalo (From Seattle) - Brian Thomas Jr. - WR - LSU
17. Minnesota (From Jacksonville) - Byron Murphy II - DT - Texas
18. Cincinnati  - JC Latham - OT - Alabama
19. LA Rams  - Kool-Aid McKinstry - CB - Alabama
20. Pittsburgh  - Jackson Powers-Johnson - C - Oregon
21. Detroit (From Miami) Cooper DeJean - DB - Iowa
22. Indianapolis (From Philadelphia) - Ladd McConkey - WR - Georgia
23. New Orleans (From Cleveland throughout Houston) - Laiatu Latu - EDGE - UCLA
24. Dallas  - Nate Wiggins - CB - Clemson
25. Green Bay  - Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - Illinois
26. Tampa Bay  - Amarius Mims - OT - Georgia
27. Arizona (From Houston) - Tyler Guyton - OT - Oklahoma
28. Seattle (From Buffalo) - Darius Robinson - EDGE - Missouri
29. Miami (From Detroit) - Braden Fiske - DT - Florida State
30. Chicago (From Baltimore) - Roman Wilson - WR - Michigan
San Francisco  - Kamari Lassiter - CB - Georgia
32. Kansas City  - Ennis Rakestraw Jr. - CB - Missouri

Edited by BowserBroncos
  • Like 1

I like the Titans getting value to trade down, but that trade value is not even close.  A third rounder (especially a future one), a fifth rounder, and an injured TE are not worth moving down from the top 10.

For me, it gets a good result, the player I'd want them to take at 7 with a little more value, and a TE I liked as a prospect, but Dulcich isn't worth that much.

In comparison, it cost the Dolphins a future first and a trade up from the fifth to the fourth to move up from 12 to 6.  The Broncos would have to give up way more.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I like the Titans getting value to trade down, but that trade value is not even close.  A third rounder (especially a future one), a fifth rounder, and an injured TE are not worth moving down from the top 10.

For me, it gets a good result, the player I'd want them to take at 7 with a little more value, and a TE I liked as a prospect, but Dulcich isn't worth that much.

In comparison, it cost the Dolphins a future first and a trade up from the fifth to the fourth to move up from 12 to 6.  The Broncos would have to give up way more.

Thought about it being a next year 1st about also thought the Titans might be interest to add another pick this year, if I'm not mistaken you guys only have 3 picks in the top 150 and thought Dulcich would be a good get for you guys, have some injuries indeed but he still very young (will turn 24 this offseason) and would give Levis another weapon while still being able to draft a tackle in the 1st (Tho I really considered making Brock Bowers the pick at 7 if TItans stay put and Alt and Fuaga are gone)

For me, if that would secure McCarthy I'd trade the 1st next year to move from 12 to 7. Tho people might think that would not be a great move for Denver (but I really, really like McCarthy and think he would be perfect for us)

• Like 1

The Giants have drafted someone an OL in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round the past two seasons. Hopefully the new OL Coach can help someone develop, but they need to go the veteran path now. We need someone just not terrible. Receiver makes more sense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Thought about it being a next year 1st about also thought the Titans might be interest to add another pick this year, if I'm not mistaken you guys only have 3 picks in the top 150 and thought Dulcich would be a good get for you guys, have some injuries indeed but he still very young (will turn 24 this offseason) and would give Levis another weapon while still being able to draft a tackle in the 1st (Tho I really considered making Brock Bowers the pick at 7 if TItans stay put and Alt and Fuaga are gone)

For me, if that would secure McCarthy I'd trade the 1st next year to move from 12 to 7. Tho people might think that would not be a great move for Denver (but I really, really like McCarthy and think he would be perfect for us)

I like Dulcich, but the Titans have a similar guy in Chig Okonkwo already, who is healthy and had two seasons bigger than Dulcich's biggest.  I was very high on Dulcich myself in the draft, but I didn't think he was much of a blocker, which is what the Titans really need to complement their TE room: a TE that can catch and also be a plus blocker.

Of course, it also depends on how much other teams between 7 and 12 want McCarthy.  If there's not a huge demand, then I could see the cost making more sense if you flip the 2025 third to 76.  Then I think it makes a lot more sense.  Or a 2025 second.

If they stay put there with Alt gone, I think I take Fashanu, but Nabers is probably the way the team goes.  Bowers would be a great fit for Tennessee, but I really hope that the days of spending premium picks on non-premium positions are over in Tennessee.

Hmmm...very interesting for the Jaguars.

I think i like it.  Odunze would be such a perfect fit for what the offense is missing.  That size, reliable hands, huge catch radius and tight window ability would be pretty transformative for Lawrence to work with i think.  It's not an unreasonable price to move up either.  A basically 4th rounder and a future 3rd?  Done.  They keep their 2nd rounder, which is pretty huge in this.  I'm a little bit torn on the fact that there will surely be some darn good WRs available at 17 if they just stand pat.  But Odunze is a cut above and there's zero chance he's falling to 17.  So yeah...i think i like it.

Only thing that gives pause is the Jaguars have a lot of little holes everywhere.  To be giving up additional picks isn't ideal...but most of what they need is just true "impact players" at the very top of the depth chart.  Not convinced that's a guy they're likely to find with a 3rd round comp pick anyway.  The depth is not really too bad.  So i say, if that's the price to go up and get Odunze, go for it.  A+ pick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

Would prefer Jared Verse over Turner but that's just a preference thing. Over the highly athletic unrefined pass rusher 

I really not sure how to separate Turner, Verse and Latu...my mind shifts on them every day.

Today I've dropped Latu because of the injury history. But when I look at him something screams Raheem Morris.

55 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Hmmm...very interesting for the Jaguars.

I think i like it.  Odunze would be such a perfect fit for what the offense is missing.  That size, reliable hands, huge catch radius and tight window ability would be pretty transformative for Lawrence to work with i think.  It's not an unreasonable price to move up either.  A basically 4th rounder and a future 3rd?  Done.  They keep their 2nd rounder, which is pretty huge in this.  I'm a little bit torn on the fact that there will surely be some darn good WRs available at 17 if they just stand pat.  But Odunze is a cut above and there's zero chance he's falling to 17.  So yeah...i think i like it.

Only thing that gives pause is the Jaguars have a lot of little holes everywhere.  To be giving up additional picks isn't ideal...but most of what they need is just true "impact players" at the very top of the depth chart.  Not convinced that's a guy they're likely to find with a 3rd round comp pick anyway.  The depth is not really too bad.  So i say, if that's the price to go up and get Odunze, go for it.  A+ pick.

I've used the drafttek value chart to calculate this trade. And not being a big drop for Minnesota and still being in the top 20 wouldn't cost a 2nd rounder, like would be the case for other teams that are way down 20 and would entertain the idea of moving up for Odunze (Houston, Buffalo and KC for example).

Like you said one thing that Jacksonville is missing is that kinda of talent at the very top of the depth chart...for me would be an A+ move regardless of the cost (we'll maybe not A+ if it cost a 2025 1st) and not every need will be filled in one offseason, but Odunze would be a difference/offense shifting play maker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

I really not sure how to separate Turner, Verse and Latu...my mind shifts on them every day.

Today I've dropped Latu because of the injury history. But when I look at him something screams Raheem Morris.

Absolutely fair everyone has their preferences. I've just seen the high athletic guy fail on this team and around the league to much 

4 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Im with you on those 3 and i think Turner is probably my #3 of the group with Verse and Latu as 1a /  1b  But their all capable and talented top 10 worthy guys imo.   Won't be mad at any of the 3 at 8 come draft day if we miss out on the top 3 QB's in the draft.      I tell you what though i seen that the Titans fan was upset about the trade value they got to trade down. 

The Falcons would gladly take that trade value if you want to move form 8 to 12 and then take Latu.   Latu + 3rd + 5th round pick is more than acceptable for us.   Have no interest in JJ or Nix at all so they are more than welcome to either one of those guys lol.     Heck i wouldn't even be mad if we got that 3rd and 5th from them and took Penix at 12.  He is my #4 QB in this draft and the only other QB i have a 1st round grade on after the top 3.

Or i can do you one better we make 2 trades one down and 1 up lol    Take that 3rd and 5th and take Latu at 12 then turn around and take one of those 3 3rd's we have after the trade + our 2nd rounder and trade back into the 1st to get Penix.

If we can come away with a 1st round of Latu + Penix  that would be massive and would be nice to get that extra 5th year on Penix contract from the late trade up.

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I've used the drafttek value chart to calculate this trade. And not being a big drop for Minnesota and still being in the top 20 wouldn't cost a 2nd rounder, like would be the case for other teams that are way down 20 and would entertain the idea of moving up for Odunze (Houston, Buffalo and KC for example).

Like you said one thing that Jacksonville is missing is that kinda of talent at the very top of the depth chart...for me would be an A+ move regardless of the cost (we'll maybe not A+ if it cost a 2025 1st) and not every need will be filled in one offseason, but Odunze would be a difference/offense shifting play maker.

I mean, if it can be done for that sort of value, i'm all for it.  It really is a huge difference-making sort of pick if they could pull it off.

4 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

Would prefer Jared Verse over Turner but that's just a preference thing. Over the highly athletic unrefined pass rusher 

Uh, Turner is pretty refined. Especially as a run defender. As a pass rusher, he has a plan. He needs to get better with his moves, but get him some MMA classes and he should be fine.

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

If we can come away with a 1st round of Latu + Penix  that would be massive and would be nice to get that extra 5th year on Penix contract from the late trade up.

You wont need to do that. It's beem widely reported that Penix would need an historical draft interview to make a team pick him in the 1st.

Have to think it's something regardless of his injuries red flags that is dropping him (and maybe his stats drop when pressured), but you can say he is this years Desmond Ridder because of that.