Which offense was the Greatest of All-Time?

MaddHatter

What offense was the Greatest of All-Time?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What offense was the Greatest of All-Time?

• 2007 New England Patriots
    • 2013 Denver Broncos
    • 1999 St. Louis Rams
    • 2011 Green Bay Packers
    • 2018 Kansas City Chiefs
    • 1998 Minnesota Vikings
    • 2016 Atlanta Falcons
    • 1990 Buffalo Bills
    • 1983 Washington Redskins
    • 1984 Miami Dolphins
    • 1994 San Francisco 49ers
    • 2012 New England Patriots
    • 1967 Oakland Raiders
    • 2011 New Orleans Saints
    • 2019 Baltimore Ravens
    • 2021 Dallas Cowboys
    • 2000 St. Louis Rams

7 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

2013 Broncos were fun but I just can't put them down as the best.

They certainly have every right to stake that claim with the highest Points per Game in the modern NFL (1ppg behind the 1950 Rams) and most points in a single season.  What makes you suggest they shouldn’t be first?

26 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

They certainly have every right to stake that claim with the highest Points per Game in the modern NFL (1ppg behind the 1950 Rams) and most points in a single season.  What makes you suggest they shouldn’t be first?

Just from a hyper casual standpoint, that Super Bowl I will never get over. I watched the whole damn thing and it was annihilation.

Greatest passing offense, I could agree with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 4:28 PM, Danger said:

Scoring more points would mean they're a better offense......????????

Blonde GIF - Awkward Blonde Child GIFs

Not necessarily. A lot more factors go into play. 

ERA. Level of defense. The type of defense each team played that year. 

Playoff dominance....ETC 

Imo 2000 Rams and 07 Pats are on similar levels. Given Pats played in a more pass happy ERA. 

And I'll also give Rams edge for winning the SB.

On 2/19/2024 at 11:15 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

No 1989 49ers or 1981 Chargers listed??? 

FISSION MAILED. 

What's the argument for them? Historically good? Yes - greatest? I didn't think they were even top 5.

1950 Rams is the only one I left off that I think had a very valid argument (most PPG, etc)

It's interesting that the 2018 Chiefs didn't get a single vote and the 2011 Packers only got 1 - those two teams had the highest scoring offenses on a per play basis.  I'm also curious how some teams that didn't "run it up" like the 2007 Patriots would have looked.  Not that we were great this year, but as an example, the 2023 Cowboys starting offense had an entire game worth of minutes on the bench b/c of blowouts.  Clearly they aren't the only team to have ever done that, so I'm curious if the 18 Chiefs, 11 Packers, 13 Broncos, 99 Rams, etc had similar situations where they COULD HAVE done even more.

5 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

What's the argument for them? Historically good? Yes - greatest? I didn't think they were even top 5.

1950 Rams is the only one I left off that I think had a very valid argument (most PPG, etc)

But you have the 1994 49ers listed. I can't see them ahead of the 1989 49ers after that game against the Eagles that year. 

1999 Rams had one of the easiest schedules ever. 1983 Redskins benefited a ton off of turnovers by their defense. I can't see them any more deserving of Air Coryell's most potent squad if we're talking best offense of all time. 1990 Bills didn't even lead the league in yards. A lot of nitpicking can be done on many of the teams listed. 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

But you have the 1994 49ers listed. I can't see them ahead of the 1989 49ers after that game against the Eagles that year. 

1999 Rams had one of the easiest schedules ever. 1983 Redskins benefited a ton off of turnovers by their defense. I can't see them any more deserving of Air Coryell's most potent squad if we're talking best offense of all time. 1990 Bills didn't even lead the league in yards. A lot of nitpicking can be done on many of the teams listed. 

Of course - nitpick away - but the 89 49ers' only scored 440pts - 60 less points than the 94 49ers

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Of course - nitpick away - but the 89 49ers' only scored 440pts - 60 less points than the 94 49ers

You deserve to be in the discussion when you finish first in PPG in the regular season(and first in yards,second in fewest turnovers) and after that you score 126 points in 3 playoffs game like the 1989 49ers did!

5 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

You deserve to be in the discussion when you finish first in PPG in the regular season(and first in yards,second in fewest turnovers) and after that you score 126 points in 3 playoffs game like the 1989 49ers did!

The 94 49ers also scored more points in the playoffs that year, putting up 131 including 40 on the Dallas Cowboys who had the #1 Def and a running game that should have allowed them to dominate TOP