Should Saints rebuild or are they close to being a NFC contender again?

40 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Already touched on Carr in another post. 

WR is absolutely really good. Olave has top 15 WR upside, Shaheed in 15 games had 719 receiving yards as the #3 WR. He's going to be very good, especially with a good OC (hopefully). AT Perry is a nice depth piece, I already touched on the fact that the Saints need another guy to fill out the depth chart but the Saints top 2 WRs are both very talented. 

The DL should be much improved. Calling Chase Young an absolute bust is kind of a joke. A year after a torn ACL he had 7.5 sacks, guys typically take a full calendar year to be 100%. He's a significant upgrade over last seasons Cam Jordan.

Kendre Miller looked insanely explosive in limited touches.

I mean, a lot of your concerns are simply because you haven't watched the Saints. I think its a top 16 roster on paper, bad coaching has made it play worse. 

LOL yup must be because I don't watch enough Saints. Funny you're repeating yourself about the WRs without expanding on what I did write. 
How are the Saints WRs "really good" if they don't have a top 12 WR corp in the league? Because they are on your team? Because they're "talented"?
Kendre Miller looking "insanely explosive" (with his 3.8 yards per carry average - 1 game above 5 YPC all year) on 41 carries makes your RB room strong? That's totally you projecting there's no actual evidence of it being true. 
I like Olave, Shaheed and Miller. I just don't think it's automatic to assume they'll all improve greatly. You're projecting that every Saints player will get better it seems, and that's not how the NFL works. 
As of right now, the Saints don't have a "really good" WR corp and they don't have a "strong" RB room. They might have both at the end of next year IF all players take a leap. But right at this moment what you are claiming just isn't true. 

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Carr is Goff basically. Goff is just working with one of the best offensive minds in the league. Having Richardson above him is pretty laughable. So yeah...I'd have Carr right around 16-20 lol. Geno Smith, Jared Goff and Derek Carr are the exact same QB. 

Yeah we just don't see Carr in the same way. I think you'd be in the very small minorty to put Carr and Goff on the same tier. Oh well, to each his own! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

LOL yup must be because I don't watch enough Saints. Funny you're repeating yourself about the WRs without expanding on what I did write. 
How are the Saints WRs "really good" if they don't have a top 12 WR corp in the league? Because they are on your team? Because they're "talented"?
Kendre Miller looking "insanely explosive" (with his 3.8 yards per carry average - 1 game above 5 YPC all year) on 41 carries makes your RB room strong? That's totally you projecting there's no actual evidence of it being true. 
I like Olave, Shaheed and Miller. I just don't think it's automatic to assume they'll all improve greatly. You're projecting that every Saints player will get better it seems, and that's not how the NFL works. 
As of right now, the Saints don't have a "really good" WR corp and they don't have a "strong" RB room. They might have both at the end of next year IF all players take a leap. But right at this moment what you are claiming just isn't true. 

I mean Kamara gets a majority of the touches and he's still a very good HB so I don't know why you're knocking the RB room. 

I'm not just repeating myself. Shaheed is a second year UDFA who played in a terrible offensive scheme and he almost had 800 yards while missing 3 games and leaving early in two more. I don't know how that doesn't qualify? Obviously we're going to project guys. You're taking Richardson, Caleb and Daniels over Carr because you're projecting them to improve/be better than Carr. Why can't I project the 22 year old UDFA WR takes another step and is a really strong #2 WR last year? He had almost 800 yards in a WR3 role while missing essentially 4 games. Yeah, I'm going to say you didn't watch enough Shaheed to have a valid opinion on him because he's an electric player lol 

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

I mean Kamara gets a majority of the touches and he's still a very good HB so I don't know why you're knocking the RB room. 

I'm not just repeating myself. Shaheed is a second year UDFA who played in a terrible offensive scheme and he almost had 800 yards while missing 3 games and leaving early in two more. I don't know how that doesn't qualify? Obviously we're going to project guys. You're taking Richardson, Caleb and Daniels over Carr because you're projecting them to improve/be better than Carr. Why can't I project the 22 year old UDFA WR takes another step and is a really strong #2 WR last year? He had almost 800 yards in a WR3 role while missing essentially 4 games. Yeah, I'm going to say you didn't watch enough Shaheed to have a valid opinion on him because he's an electric player lol 

I really love Shaheed and watched plenty of him. Commented multiple times on this website how he had this incredible start with two 40+ yds TDs on his first two touch in the league. Absolutely crazy. 
My point is more that if you compare the WR room the Saints have right now (without projecting next year or anything) to many others WR rooms around the league they would rank more like average than upper tier personally. And for me about average doesn't equal to very good. They're not bad and they have 3 young WRs that could improve and become a really good WR room. But they're not there yet IMO.

2 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Yeah we just don't see Carr in the same way. I think you'd be in the very small minorty to put Carr and Goff on the same tier. Oh well, to each his own! 

Don't act like Goff has been this amazing QB this entire time.  Goff was viewed so poorly that the Rams gave up how many picks just to get Stafford and give up Goff in the exchange?  It's not like Stafford was viewed as a HOFer at the time of the trade either to justify the compensation involved with the trade.

Goff is benefitting from having great tools and coaching around him.

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

Don't act like Goff has been this amazing QB this entire time.  Goff was viewed so poorly that the Rams gave up how many picks just to get Stafford and give up Goff in the exchange?  It's not like Stafford was viewed as a HOFer at the time of the trade either to justify the compensation involved with the trade.

Not saying Goff is an amazing QB. Just that he is better than Carr, who is below-average. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Raves said:

Rams brought in Stafford because they thought he could immediately step in and bring them a trophy. Nobody expected them to be picking at #6 2 years later and you have to think that the Rams expected both 1sts to be outside of the top 25 when they made the trade.

McVay definitely thought of Stafford as a HOF caliber QB.

Goff is top 12 and Carr is somewhere around 20. The league site has Goff at 6 and Carr at 22.

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

I am curious about this Goff vs Carr debate. I created a poll in NFL Comparisons to see what people are thinking. 

I couldn’t care less what group think consensus comes too lol 

3 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Good thing I did it for my curiosity then. 
Funny on what replies you choose to answer to. 

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Clearly, since this thread is you ignoring feedback and instead banging your head against a wall. This isn't how a public forum is intended to function.

46 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Clearly, since this thread is you ignoring feedback and instead banging your head against a wall. This isn't how a public forum is intended to function.

Feedback is people continuing to say the same thing. The Saints are so screwed that they lost zero key contributors this off-season and added Chase Young on a 1 year 13M deal. The lack of cap flexibility really destroying their ability to make moves though. 

31 minutes ago, Kingram said:

What replies did I miss? I’m not ducking anything.

Couple pages back you said people need to educate themselves on the cap, when I then replied in detail outlining the Saints cap situation, you replied with incorrect information, were corrected, and then never replied again.

You like to insinuate that others don't know what they're talking about, and then when they come back with proof that they know very well what they're talking about, you stop replying. This is your default defense when disagreed with, is that those who disagree with you just don't know what they're talking about or are just defaulting to the popular opinion. The below are just like two pages worth of quotes. But like, this is a forum, most people who are here are here because they are more interested and informed on the topic than like, the average dude replying to Dov news breaks on Twitter.

I beg people to educate themselves.

You’ll keep banging your head against the wall though because there is more humor in that. 

I mean, a lot of your concerns are simply because you haven't watched the Saints.

Hating Carr is just the cool thing to do.

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

Feedback is people continuing to say the same thing. The Saints are so screwed that they lost zero key contributors this off-season and added Chase Young on a 1 year 13M deal. The lack of cap flexibility really destroying their ability to make moves though. 

The median team has spent $155M in re-signings, extensions, and free agent acquisitions, so far this offseason. The Saints are currently 30th, at $44M. Now, that doesn't count Young yet, but it doesn't count more recent signings for a number of other teams as well, so so it goes. The only teams below them are the Chargers, who also made some hilariously short-sighted cap decisions that they wisely opted to pay for in one go this year, and the Cowboys, who have been almost historically inactive in free agency.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/offseason/

Making one (questionable, mind you) free agent acquisition does not represent a healthy and flexible cap situation. And I'm sure when the details come out, they'll be paying for most of this contract in future years too. If all $13M his this year, they likely wouldn't even be able to sign their rookie class.

• Like 2