Should Saints rebuild or are they close to being a NFC contender again?

24 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

My favorite thing about this is Saints fans constantly defending everything the team does as if their FO is playing 4D chess or something.

They're just looking to put a bandaid on holes with short term solutions to long term questions.

That can work when you have a first ballot HOF QB playing out of his mind elevating the rest of the roster. It doesn't work as well when you have average to bad QB play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

My favorite thing about this is Saints fans constantly defending everything the team does as if their FO is playing 4D chess or something.

Thats absolutely not a thing. Front office has gotten a lot of scrutiny. Specifically for Carr and recent drafts. 

On 3/6/2024 at 12:05 AM, Soko said:

“After next season”, lol. They could not get cap compliant this year without restructuring him. They were forced to push his money forward.

On 3/6/2024 at 1:17 AM, Kingram said:

They could’ve, but sure.

On 3/6/2024 at 1:24 AM, Soko said:

How?

This question was never answered. Why not?

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

This question was never answered. Why not?

Nick Underhill, I believe, had laid out a path on his website but I can't find the article now. 

On 3/7/2024 at 9:05 PM, Kingram said:

Thats absolutely not a thing. Front office has gotten a lot of scrutiny. Specifically for Carr and recent drafts. 

Where? Not by your teams' fans in NFL Gen, at least.

Edited by General Tso

46 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Where? Not by your teams' fans in NFL Gen, at least.

Almost all Saints fans I’ve encountered have been critical of our last couple drafts and the hiring of DA

3 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Almost all Saints fans I’ve encountered have been critical of our last couple drafts and the hiring of DA

Well yeah, the drafts have been the underlying issue about your team's records, not the cap issues. If you drafted better, you'd have a better record and people wouldn't care as much about the cap thing.

24 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Truly a unique case in NFL history....willingly staying in cap hell to be a treadmill team

Not with the cap management, but the current Saints iteration remind me of the pre-Burrow Bengals. 

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Well yeah, the drafts have been the underlying issue about your team's records, not the cap issues. If you drafted better, you'd have a better record and people wouldn't care as much about the cap thing.

Yes. Thats literally been my entire point haha. The Saints issue is draft related not cap related.  

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Truly a unique case in NFL history....willingly staying in cap hell to be a treadmill team

As opposed to… being terrible? I’ll take the team that’s been competitive for the division two years in a row.

8 minutes ago, Kingram said:

As opposed to… being terrible? I’ll take the team that’s been competitive for the division two years in a row.

The only reason your team has been competitive for the division is because said division has been among the worst of all-time the last few years.  Be glad the Saints haven't won the division recently as they'd be make for an embarrassing bounce. 

I'll take teams with FO's smart enough to know not to back their franchises into long-term corners.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

The only reason your team has been competitive for the division is because said division has been among the worst of all-time the last few years.  Be glad the Saints haven't won the division recently as they'd be make for an embarrassing bounce. 

I'll take teams with FO's smart enough to know not to back their franchises into long-term corners.

They’re literally fine. I beg people to educate themselves. If they Post June 1st cut Cam Jordan (washed) and Alvin Kamara (dreaded 30) next year they’re almost cap compliant and have effectively ended the stretch of pushing money into the future. 

The Saints cap situation is completely fine and not the reason they’re struggling. Cutting everyone and restarting does literally nothing except really make them suck. One good draft and they can control the division for the next 3-4 years lol. 

• Like 1