Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm not convinced he's enough of an upgrade over them compared to what his cost would be

I would disagree when we have so much cap space available...bottom line is if Braxton goes down we have no one who can play LT...not a great situation to drop a rookie QB behind.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

3rd signing of the offseason I hope doesn't make the opening day roster...we need to aim higher than this.

We need what ... 90 guys.  That's a lot of dudes.

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We need what ... 90 guys.  That's a lot of dudes.

No issue with bringing the guy in to compete but when we start to cut that roster down it would be a concern if he is on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No issue with bringing the guy in to compete but when we start to cut that roster down it would be a concern if he is on it.

Nearly half won't be on 53.  

I would love to upgrade Dline and we definitely need some more quality depth.  But I thought the starters did pretty good once Sweat got here last year.

This isn't the dire need it was last year.  I would still rather have Odunze than any of pass rushers at 9.  But if we draft a pass rusher so be it.  

I am a little disappointed we didn't swing bigger at C.   Seems Poles doesn't value C all that much to date. 

Treats it like most do the RB and off ball LB position.  He seems to value those two positions higher. 

Reserving judgment on that.

I really hope we make a run at Tyler Huntley...just can't think of a better back up QB to Caleb...same sort of size and to an obviously lesser extent skill set...seems like the ideal guy to learn a bit from.

19 hours ago, refundmytickets said:

Gut says we’re drafting a DE. It’s the only major need Poles hasn’t addressed with a big move. And we have the video evidence of Poles “loving” some guy on DL day.

A lot of people agree.   I want the stud WR or a trade down. 

I’d also take Alt.   Just because I love OL.  

I also want the Bears to roll out a high powered offense once in my life.  

I won’t be surprised if we take one of top two DEs at 9 though.  I will say finding good DEs in draft is hard.  You don’t usually get them later in draft.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I won’t be surprised if we take one of top two DEs at 9 though.  I will say finding good DEs in draft is hard.  You don’t usually get them later in draft.  

Especially since, absent a trade up or down, we won’t pick again for 65 more picks.

You wanna really open up the draft board though? Sign Clowney or Chase Young to a 1-year deal.