Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

That is wild.  And then, think of their QB, and his contract!  Are these two going to spend IR together laughing on giant piles of money? 

At many times in the past I have felt sorry for the Browns and their fans (although they could equally well feel the same for the Bears and us) but the last couple years.. .d7413671-798b-4b47-9bf7-beaffa5fbe13_tex

40 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The Browns just can't help themselves with these contracts hahaha

i think this is definitely one that's "wait for numbers that aren't straight from the agent" - could very well be that the $12M his 5th year option is folded into that $41M 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think this is definitely one that's "wait for numbers that aren't straight from the agent" - could very well be that the $12M his 5th year option is folded into that $41M 

You're almost certainly correct that these are the most juiced way of interpreting the numbers and in reality the numbers are probably not going to be that escalated etc, however that's not as fun so I won't do it. 

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'll be honest it really wouldn't matter...giving him that amount of guarantees is crazy from them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Jets throwing everything at the wall.

What else are they going to do?

When they traded for Rodgers they went all in on a handful of years.

They already lost one to injury.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Jets throwing everything at the wall.

Was actually thinking about A.A.Ron and the jets.  As much as I dislike him personally and as a Bears' fan... I kind of want to see him ball out this year.  Otherwise that amount of talent and swagger, and only one Super Bowl... just seems like a waste.  

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Was actually thinking about A.A.Ron and the jets.  As much as I dislike him personally and as a Bears' fan... I kind of want to see him ball out this year.  Otherwise that amount of talent and swagger, and only one Super Bowl... just seems like a waste.  

I want to see him have a shorter season than his last one 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I want to see him have a shorter season than his last one 🤣

So, yes class, there are many ways to feel about situations and people! It would probably take five seconds into an hour long cutup of his celebrations at Soldier FIeld to have me join you over there in Malice-Land.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This was on 3/4. I assume he just hasn’t done the physical yet? 

Weird they haven't got that over the line yet...or indeed had him speak to the media like they have with everyone else.