Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

Everyone is talking about the Vikings trading up for a QB but what about the thought of them trading for Justin Herbert? Harbaugh loves McCarthy and a trade would give him at least 2 additional first rounders this year. I don't know cap wise if it would make much sense for the Vikings but they would instantly be the the NFNC favorites. 

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Everyone is talking about the Vikings trading up for a QB but what about the thought of them trading for Justin Herbert? Harbaugh loves McCarthy and a trade would give him at least 2 additional first rounders this year. I don't know cap wise if it would make much sense for the Vikings but they would instantly be the the NFNC favorites. 

Harbaugh would instantly be hated and frankly stupid to give Herbert away...

I also think it is pretty much so impossible given his dead cap hit if he is traded away.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2024 at 8:05 AM, Madmike90 said:

I really hope we make a run at Tyler Huntley...just can't think of a better back up QB to Caleb...same sort of size and to an obviously lesser extent skill set...seems like the ideal guy to learn a bit from.

he went to CLE

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Saints going to be the Saints 🤣

More than i expected, but i would have been fine with it.  As long as it was a one year deal.  Surprised they made it fully guaranteed.  Figured they’d include some incentives.

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Chase Young signs with the saints.  Curious on the terms.

i think chase young ends up having a jadaveon clowney type career. bouncing from team to team on 1-2 year deals because he never shows enough for 1 team to commit long term but is never bad enough and has that draft pedigree

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i think chase young ends up having a jadaveon clowney type career. bouncing from team to team on 1-2 year deals because he never shows enough for 1 team to commit long term but is never bad enough and has that draft pedigree

Agreed.   Not bad, good actually, but not anywhere near what they were supposed to be.