Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

13 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Minnesota is up to something... bet they're going to invade Canadia . 

This would be great for us if it happens...

Opens up NE as a clear landing spot for Fields and means teams like Denver are going to be desperate to move up to #9 for the #4 QB. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Opens up NE as a clear landing spot for Fields

I think this has been the ultimate landing spot for a while now. Never believed they liked Daniels enough to take him Top 3.

The question to me is, do they stay at 3 and take MHJ, or make a trade down like this?

If MHJ is picked at #3, MIN could absolutely move up with ARZ or LAC for Daniels, as I think the lowest he goes is NYG at #6, but might be hard for Daboll to justify moving up for him after they agreed to pay Dimes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think this has been the ultimate landing spot for a while now. Never believed they liked Daniels enough to take him Top 3.

The question to me is, do they stay at 3 and take MHJ, or make a trade down like this?

If MHJ is picked at #3, MIN could absolutely move up with ARZ or LAC for Daniels, as I think the lowest he goes is NYG at #6, but might be hard for Daboll to justify moving up for him after they agreed to pay Dimes

I personally think Daniels is gonna go 2. I like Maye more, but I’m not making the pick. Would NE like Maye at 3? I think so. A lot of people seem convinced that JJ is a KOC guy. They can almost surely get him at 5, and the Chargers have long been rumored to want to move down, and they can almost surely Fashanu there and one of the second tier WRs at 23 (Mitchell?) assuming they get both 1s from MIN to trade back. Chargers need a lot

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I personally think Daniels is gonna go 2. I like Maye more, but I’m not making the pick. Would NE like Maye at 3? I think so. A lot of people seem convinced that JJ is a KOC guy. They can almost surely get him at 5, and the Chargers have long been rumored to want to move down, and they can almost surely Fashanu there and one of the second tier WRs at 23 (Mitchell?) assuming they get both 1s from MIN to trade back. Chargers need a lot

I think alot of Washington fans want to go with Daniels at #2, but mostly because Maye is another UNC QB, which we have all discussed around here is a dumb reason to actually pass on a guy.

I think Peters is enamored with Maye, not only because he is the better QB prospect, but because he exudes "Franchise QB" when you interact with him. (its why Im not 100% that it is Caleb for the Bears, 99%, but not all the way)

Once we get down to nut cutting time, I will be shocked if you take walking red flag (on the field) that is Daniels over a guy who fits nearly every metric/measureable that teams want in a Franchise QB

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Between both Williams and Allen wearing #13, I think Tyler Scott is about to get a brand new car.

If it’s Williams he should be like, “How bout you give me 13, and I’ll actually throw the ball to you next year?” 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think alot of Washington fans want to go with Daniels at #2, but mostly because Maye is another UNC QB, which we have all discussed around here is a dumb reason to actually pass on a guy.

I think Peters is enamored with Maye, not only because he is the better QB prospect, but because he exudes "Franchise QB" when you interact with him. (its why Im not 100% that it is Caleb for the Bears, 99%, but not all the way)

Once we get down to nut cutting time, I will be shocked if you take walking red flag (on the field) that is Daniels over a guy who fits nearly every metric/measureable that teams want in a Franchise QB

I completely agree on Maye.   For people who want Maye and say that Williams has some of the same faults that Fields has... Maye has some of the other ones!  I could still see a scenario where the Bears have wanted him all along but have a low (maybe not 1% but low) expectation of that.  Honestly the mroe I've watched Williams the more I'm convinced that passing on his is a firable offense.  Also high expectation he is pain in the *** at various points in his career, possibly as soon as signing the rookie contract, but the play and possibilities make him worth it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I completely agree on Maye.   For people who want Maye and say that Williams has some of the same faults that Fields has... Maye has some of the other ones!  I could still see a scenario where the Bears have wanted him all along but have a low (maybe not 1% but low) expectation of that.  Honestly the mroe I've watched Williams the more I'm convinced that passing on his is a firable offense.  Also high expectation he is pain in the *** at various points in his career, possibly as soon as signing the rookie contract, but the play and possibilities make him worth it. 

Agreed. I mentioned elsewhere something along the lines that Williams might end up a total d-bag like Rodgers, but if he has the talent and production Rodgers has I couldn't care less. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is it okay for me to stop lamenting him having gone one pick before our slot in his draft year now? 😒😒

Why would you? I'm not. We're men, we hold grudges. I hope LAR constantly is a 8 win team. Just enough to stay out of top picks without trading up but just low enough to miss the playoff. May they replace the Bears football purgatory!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I dont think I would agree with a "fireable offense", but I get what you are saying. Its all abut context.

What if the medicals do come back, and there is something degenerative in his hand or back?

What if Denver comes in an offers the largest draft haul ever? 

Now neither of those are likely, but no one player guarantees you success in the NFL. Peyton Manning Didnt, Andrew Luck didnt, heck the closest one was Tom Brady and even he didnt (not to mention no one saw it coming) But if suddenly you could add 2 Firsts this year, a First in 2025 (or 26) a few mid rounders AND a Starting Player... that would be really hard to walk away from the table for.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

If it’s Williams he should be like, “How bout you give me 13, and I’ll actually throw the ball to you next year?” 

i think williams would look good in 18, and it is open with bob tonyan gone

• Like 1