Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Top 15 pick doesn't work in the market, most likely. Receivers don't get top 15 picks. So if the ask is a top 15 pick without flexibility, we are basically saying he's not for sale. Obviously there was fluff to a lot of these deals, but the biggest pick in each of them: 

• AJ Brown - pick 18
  • Stefon Diggs - pick 22
  • Hill - pick 29
  • Adams - pick 22 
  • Hollywood Brown - pick 23. 
  • OBJ - pick 17 
  • Brandin Cooks - pick 23 (rams) + pick 32 I think (patriots?)
  • Percy Harvin - pick 25

I think if you're looking at a pick inside the top 15, you're probably looking at flipping pick 31 back (Or at least 63 I would imagine--- there was the rumor that Jets offered 10 for Deebo and a second, so don't want to completely discount the possibility)

17 is about fair market value, I'd guess (although it will be a chore to replace Aiyuk without a top 5 pick this year, imo). Aiyuk is at almost exactly the same spot Diggs was and is coming off better, more available seasons than AJ Brown had going into that trade. Hollywood Brown, Cooks, and Harvin were more quality supporting pieces. And OBJ had his own set of baggage, although he'd had the best production history of the lot.

Edited by JIllg

1 minute ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

What's the star position?  The Derwin James Nickel type role?

Sometimes.

Alabama also used it sometimes as basically a SAM role with Minkah. Sometimes outside corner, sometimes third safety. Assuming it's the same. But they would bounce him everywhere. 

14 minutes ago, JIllg said:

17 is about fair market value, I'd guess (although it will be a chore to replace Aiyuk without a top 5 pick this year, imo). Aiyuk is at almost exactly the same spot Diggs was and is coming off better, more available seasons than AJ Brown had going into that trade. Hollywood Brown, Cooks, and Harvin were more quality supporting pieces. And OBJ had his own set of baggage, although he'd had the best production history of the lot.

The Diggs trade has pretty much always been my baseline for the Aiyuk trade. Always just thought that made a lot of sense as a comp. 

Something between Diggs and Brown feels about right if they want to move him. Which I simply don't believe. I think Deebo is more likely to get moved than Aiyuk, and I don't think either goes anywhere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Diggs trade has pretty much always been my baseline for the Aiyuk trade. Always just thought that made a lot of sense as a comp. 

Something between Diggs and Brown feels about right if they want to move him. Which I simply don't believe. I think Deebo is more likely to get moved than Aiyuk, and I don't think either goes anywhere. 

At least this year neither will get moved. I think Deebo could get moved depending on how we attack the draft

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

ugh. just light that money on fire. 

Really would have preferred Jerome Baker. Campbell is cooked. Anyone who watched that GB / TB game...woof. 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

Really would have preferred Jerome Baker. Campbell is cooked. Anyone who watched that GB / TB game...woof. 

I mean it's just an okay addition. Let him earn his spot. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It better be for chump change,

Adding former Packer LBs haven't worked in our favor recently.