Falcons sign QB Kirk Cousins (4 years, $180M, $100M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Maybe he can learn from watching Cousins go to work.

I mean it couldn't hurt and i honestly wish he could have learned from Matty Ice.  Ryan would have been a phenomenal mentor for the kid.   But instead we dropped another failure on him in Mariotta to learn from who was just as bad as him lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

I mean it couldn't hurt and i honestly wish he could have learned from Matty Ice.  Ryan would have been a phenomenal mentor for the kid.   But instead we dropped another failure on him in Mariotta to learn from who was just as bad as him lol. 

Yeah, Matty Ice seems like the type who would have been a great mentor.  Kirk is a good guy though, too.  You guys are in good shape for the foreseeable future.

Huge upgrade at QB, 3rd placed schedule, already weak division. Wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons end up competing for a Top 2/3 Seed in the NFC such is the improvement for them. Length is iffy but they have a lot of talent offensively that wasn't being utilised well enough.

Just now, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Yeah, Matty Ice seems like the type who would have been a great mentor.  Kirk is a good guy though, too.  You guys are in good shape for the foreseeable future.

Yeah i have no issues with Kirk at all i know he's quite talented.  I actually did a break down on the falcons website comparing his per game numbers to Ryan and Stafford and surprisingly Kirk beat both of them in like 90% of the categories. Which i 100% did not expect i thought he would finish behind both of them easily in most categories. 

Yards per game - Ryan 268.3  Stafford 272.1  Kirk - 264.9  - Advantage stafford

Comp % - Ryan 65.6%   Stafford  63.2   Kirk - 66.9%  -  Advantage Kirk

TD per game Ryan 1.62 Stafford  1.73   Kirk - 1.8  - Advantage  Kirk

int per game Ryan 0.78 Stafford 1.1  Kirk 0.73  - Advantage Kirk

TD/int ratio Ryan 2.08 Stafford  1.98  Kirk 2.45  - Advantage Kirk

QB Rating Ryan 93.6 Stafford  91  Kirk 98.2   - Advantage Kirk

YPA Ryan 7.4 Stafford 7.3  Kirk 7.6 - Advantage Kirk

Rush PG+TD Ryan 6.6 13 total td  Stafford 6.3 15 total td   Kirk 6.8 19 total td  - Advantage Kirk

1 minute ago, Magnifico said:

Huge upgrade at QB, 3rd placed schedule, already weak division. Wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons end up competing for a Top 2/3 Seed in the NFC such is the improvement for them. Length is iffy but they have a lot of talent offensively that wasn't being utilised well enough.

It's really only a 2 year deal that we can keep him going after 3 if he is still playing at a high level.   

It's 4 years at 180 mil   but  only 100 mil guaranteed

The 1st 2 years are 90 mil guaranteed being paid of that 100 mil.   The other 10 mil guaranteed is a injury guarantee he might not even get.

So even if he gets injured and gets that other 10 mil  we can cut him after year 2 with only 10 mil owed to him and we can spread that 10 mil over the 3rd and 4th year at 5 mil a year dead cap.     

This contract honestly sets us up to still take a rookie QB this year or next in the draft to learn under him if we want then let him go year 3 if they are ready.

• Like 1

Kirk Cousins had a passer rating of 117.6 with 1,569 yards, 13 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 5 games against the Saints in his career.

This is about all i needed to make me ok with the signing lol   The rest is just a bonus XD

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Kirk Cousins had a passer rating of 117.6 with 1,569 yards, 13 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 5 games against the Saints in his career.

This is about all i needed to make me ok with the signing lol   The rest is just a bonus XD

FTS 🤝

• Like 1