Falcons sign QB Kirk Cousins (4 years, $180M, $100M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's helped us win a lot of meaningful games???

Did he really tho? The most meaningful Vikings game of the last 10+ years involved Case Keenum throwing up a prayer to Stefon Diggs in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Did he really tho? The most meaningful Vikings game of the last 10+ years involved Case Keenum throwing up a prayer to Stefon Diggs in the playoffs.

Meaningful games aren't measured just by if it was a playoff game or not. He kept us competitive every year he was here. Those wins are meaningful.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's helped us win a lot of meaningful games???

I did not say he won a lot of meaningful games, the opposite of that, the one playoff win.  Regular season wins are worthless if you lose in the playoffs in my opinion, so really only playoff wins are all that meaningful or important.    

Even Dak Prescott is 2-5 in the playoffs, you have to win in the playoffs otherwise you are just average really.  Josh Allen has yet to even get to a Super Bowl, but at least the dude is 5-5 in the playoffs and gets his team in contention basically every year.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

the 12 seasons of earnings for Kirk were 230 mil (big year 2020 he got 40)

he must be happy that someone finally paid him what he felt he was worth

11-6?

Edited by Ryan_W

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Meaningful games aren't measured just by if it was a playoff game or not. He kept us competitive every year he was here. Those wins are meaningful.

The Vikings organization not being a complete dumpster fire like Detroit or Chicago is what has kept you competitive. He's not a bad QB by any means, I just wouldn't be sad to see him go if I were in your shoes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

If one just wants to barely be competitive sure, but that is not the goal in the NFL.  Most NFL games are competitive or close, that year Minnesota won all those close games two years ago, who cares the team still lost big time in the playoffs to a more physical football team in the Giants.  That is all the matters, barely winning regular season games just says one is getting lucky and when it matters if you lose, obviously they are not so 'clutch' anymore.

Long term all that matters is winning in the playoffs honestly, and Kirk has yet to prove he can do that consistently.  Sure that can change quickly but for a QB that is all that matters is how you do in the playoffs.  

4 minutes ago, Ryan_W said:

the 12 seasons of earnings for Kirk were 230 mil (big year 2020 he got 40)

he must be happy that someone finally paid him what he felt he was worth

Yes on that list for most career earnings, the only two that have not been to a Super Bowl out of the top 11 are Kirk Cousins and Phillip Rivers.  Rivers has Cousins beat all day with his 5-7 playoff record though, and Matt Ryan at least got to a Super Bowl once and was a MVP and has a 4-6 playoff record as well.  8 of the top 11 have actually won a Super Bowl once or multiple times.  

But for a guy who has yet to really win anything in the playoffs, yeah he is doing great and is being paid insane amount of money.  

• Like 1

Now that is MF Hilarious! Kirk not only does he go home (Wife) but let the Justin Jefferson Drama unfold!!!

Those remotely thinking this has mo effect with him wanting to remain a Viking, keep burying your head!

Rookie QB 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would love it if we did but im not sure we can get that high for Daniels.  I honestly think Penix fits the scheme we run under Robinson quite well though.  Let him learn and continue to heal for a year or 2 and let him take over after 2 years from cousins. 

In a year or two Penix will be 30

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

In a year or two Penix will be 30

LOL he's not that old he is only 23 XD     In 2 years he will be 25 and then you got like 10 or so years of Qb play.  Which if we are honest is more than the avg QB will be on a team anyways.   Jayden Daniels is also 23 so he's gonna be 30 as well i guess :D

Edited by FalconFan13

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Will be interesting what happens but not sure I buy this Atlanta is Super Bowl bond just because of freaking Kirk Cousins.  $45 million a year, yikes!  Not sure he is worth it honestly but I guess the NFL just keeps paying a guy who does not win when it matters, great for Kirk!

Not Super Bowl bound but they're in a division with Mayfield, Carr, and Young so he gives them a chance to compete. They went 7-10 the last two years with arguably the worst starting QB's in the league.

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would love it if we did but im not sure we can get that high for Daniels.  I honestly think Penix fits the scheme we run under Robinson quite well though.  Let him learn and continue to heal for a year or 2 and let him take over after 2 years from cousins. 

Penix like a left handed Stafford