Falcons sign QB Kirk Cousins (4 years, $180M, $100M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, iknowcool said:

Maybe I’m a hater, but Cousins is going to be 36 years old coming off a torn Achilles… how confident should we be that there won’t be a noticeable fall off in his game? 

Atlanta needed to do something at QB but yeah, this scares me in a season or two.

1 minute ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

The Falcons make a commitment to Kirk Cousins and to not winning in the playoffs for the next four years.  :D

(Just kidding Falcons fans.  Good luck with him Kirk.  He's a good guy.)

At least we'll make the playoffs the next 4 years. Haven't been since 2017.

Baby steps.

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

If the numbers are 4/200 w/ like 175m guaranteed, The Vikings were right to not resign him. If he signed for 4y and like 25m per year guaranteed plus incentives, I'm going to be pissed but at the same time MN didn't want a 4 year deal. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

At least we finally get to see pitts used to his potential. 

If healthy he will be a menace as we already saw him put up over 1000 yards under Ryan when ryan was already starting to lose his arm a bit.    Those 2 tears in his CL's really hampered him for a year plus.   I hope he is 100% healthy going into this year and looks like rookie athleticism with even more knowledge now.

Just now, Saosin said:

If the numbers are 4/200 w/ like 175m guaranteed, The Vikings were right to not resign him. If he signed for 4y and like 25m per year guaranteed plus incentives, I'm going to be pissed but at the same time MN didn't want a 4 year deal. 

I'll be incredibly surprised if his aav is that low. It should be closer to 40/50.

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Maybe I’m a hater, but Cousins is going to be 36 years old coming off a torn Achilles… how confident should we be that there won’t be a noticeable fall off in his game? 

It could happen. I do think it helps that mobility, or even really arm strength, aren't the biggest parts of his game. I think it's unlikely that he falls off so far that he's worse than Ridder, though. Or any other option on the market.