Commanders Sign Bobby Wagner

HTTRDynasty

This and the Ekeler signings are a little weird to me. Not necessarily bad, (especially because they are short term deals) just odd from the player's perspective because they are older veteran players who I would have thought wouldn't want to be a part of a rebuild. Likewise, from the team's perspective, these seem like finishing touch deals for a contender. However, Wagner should help Quinn establish his culture and scheme on defense. He still seems to be playing pretty well and a one year deal means there isn't a lot of risk involved. 

• Like 1

Basically getting an extra coach on the field to help install his system there.  And a phenomenal mentor, role model, and leader for a young, rebuilding team.  Seems like a really solid move for the Washingtons.

Pretty cool of Wagner to sign on to that even.  On a team that isn't really going to be winning a lot in what could be his finally season, any year now.  Though i'd imagine it's likely with a keen eye toward transitioning into the coaching game more quickly himself.  Which seems savvy.