IDK, a mock

Danger

45 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Logic for the Bears is pretty obvious. Both are major needs.

I'd prefer Fashanu or Bowers but Verse would still be one I'd be damn happy with, especially if Poles doesn't make a move on a DE in FA.

Who rides the bench if Fashanu is the pick?

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who rides the bench if Fashanu is the pick?

I'm someone who thinks Braxton Jones would be better inside than outside. I would like to see a switch to C like Connor Williams, but I think he could outplay Davis. Davis started off poor due to missing time for personal reasons, but even his positives were pretty spread out. Seems like one of the weaker signings Poles has had but I hope he proves me wrong.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:24 AM, Danger said:

If you wanna know any reasonings behind any selections, I'll try to give an answer.

Not a Broncos fan but I really struggle to see Bo Nix get selected in the first round, top 15 at that.
Do you thing the Broncos are that desperate or you just like Nix as a prospect? 
Otherwise I like it. Surprised to see Frazier in the 1st but he is a good one IMO. 

Edited by MagicMT

17 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Not a Broncos fan but I really struggle to see Bo Nix get selected in the first round, top 15 at that.
Do you thing the Broncos are that desperate or you just like Nix as a prospect? 
Otherwise I like it. Surprised to see Frazier in the 1st but he is a good one IMO. 

Nah, I just think Nix is a Sean Payton type of player. And they don't have a second round pick or any QB to speak of, so unless they're going into the season with the full intention of tanking, they'd be SOL.

Penix has way too many medical red flags for me to consider him, and he's a statue. He's Carson Strong to me but a bit better playing in a power 5 school.

Terrion Arnold is okay for the Jaguars.  I don't love it, but it's fine.  I'm not a big fan of 1st round DBs unless they're really special and i'm not sure Arnold is.  He's just...good.  I also think the Jaguars built themselves a little bit of a buffer with Darby signing, to not have to go DB early.  But that's clearly nothing more that a temporary stopgap and they could use another staring DB anyway, especially a guy like that with a bit of positional versatility as an outside or inside DB.

I'd rather see a WR pick.  Especially with absolutely anyone outside the "Big3" available to choose from.

Or even just keep loading the OLine somewhere.

Even some of the Edge guys would have me intrigued at that point.  Not really a need, but depth of pass rushers is always great to have.  Even the DT guys like Byron Murphy and Jer'Zhan would be fine to add, even if it's adding at a spot that isn't really a "need" per se.

For Miami at 21, I would rather see them take the OT Latham instead of Mims.  Mims is a good player, but is hurt a lot and that is the last thing the Dolphins need, another oft injured OT.  Also, I think Latham is a better OT than Mims.

Either way OT is a good pick in the first.  The other opions might be the Edge rusher Chop Robinson.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 8:12 AM, praegler said:

For Miami at 21, I would rather see them take the OT Latham instead of Mims.  Mims is a good player, but is hurt a lot and that is the last thing the Dolphins need, another oft injured OT.  Also, I think Latham is a better OT than Mims.

Either way OT is a good pick in the first.  The other opions might be the Edge rusher Chop Robinson.

Injury concern is definitely valid, but to me, I don't trust Bama OT's anymore. Too many busts too recently.

Evan Neal, Leathewood, Jedrick Wills being underwhelming. Even that aside, I have Mims above him as Mims' potential is crazy high. 

• Like 1