Bears trade for WR Keenan Allen

CBears019

t's just a 4th rounder, so very low risk and could be an offensive leader even if he declines.  He is getting up there and his best days are behind him, but he did play very well last season. Overall I definitely am on board as I think about it, no risk to it.

Edited by TankWilliams
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Not totally sure where I land on this one.  It's just a 4th rounder, so very low risk and could be an offensive leader even if he declines.  He is getting up there and his best days are behind him, but he did play very well last season. 

I’m a big fan.  He is 31, so not exactly young.  But he doesn’t have to be a #1 here, so a lot less pressure.  And it’s a fourth rounder. 

That being said, i wonder if it’s almost a guarantee that they’re trading out of #9 now because they gotta recoup draft picks somehow.

Just now, CBears019 said:

I’m a big fan.  He is 31, so not exactly young.  But he doesn’t have to be a #1 here, so a lot less pressure.  And it’s a fourth rounder. 

That being said, i wonder if it’s almost a guarantee that they’re trading out of #9 now because they gotta recoup draft picks somehow.

Yup, but I thought he was older than that, considering how long he's been in the league.  Definitely a strong move and a good one to build up around a rookie QB with smart guys who will help make life easier.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Yup, but I thought he was older than that, considering how long he's been in the league.  Definitely a strong move and a good one to build up around a rookie QB with smart guys who will help make life easier.

Turns out he will turn 32 next month, so you’re kinda right.

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

If Rome (or Nabers) makes it to  9, we aren't trading down iMO 

Caleb Rome 3.75-Center and Tory Taylor w our other 4th, not a bad draft  AT aLL

...no sig holes left to fill  

Just now, refundmytickets said:

Great move.

They’re trading back from 9 now, right?

I’d imagine so.  But I’d be fine even dropping to 12 with the broncos so they can jump the Vikings for JJ McCarthy.  Pick up a couple mid-rounders to round out the draft class.  Still have a shot at Bowers, edge, or OT.

Just now, SLCbear said:

If Rome (or Nabers) makes it to  9, we aren't trading down iMO 

Caleb Rome 3.75-Center and Tory Taylor w our other 4th, not a bad draft  AT aLL

...no sig holes left to fill  

I’m totally down to draft Tory Taylor, but not with a 4th round pick.  Way too high for a punter.

• Like 1

Just now, CBears019 said:

I’d imagine so.  But I’d be fine even dropping to 12 with the broncos so they can jump the Vikings for JJ McCarthy.  Pick up a couple mid-rounders to round out the draft class.  Still have a shot at Bowers, edge, or OT.

I'm with you if Rome/Nabers are oFF the board 

otherwise, you can't pass on those 2

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I’m totally down to draft Tory Taylor, but not with a 4th round pick.  Way too high for a punter.

I don't LoVE it either, but we have no other picks 

maybe RP can trade down from 75, pick up a 5th or something for TT ...LoTS of quality Cs in this Draft  !