Bears trade for WR Keenan Allen

CBears019

Allen has never been the fastest player, his game has always been route running and sure hands. I have no problem with him being a bit older. A one to two year extension would be nice to manage cap hits and provide him some guaranteed money would work for both sides.

Priority positions on teams are QB, OT, WR, CB, DE. We now have our QB1 (CW/1.1), LT Jones, RT Wright, CB1 Johnson, CB2 Stevenson, WR1 Moore, WR2 Allen, DE1 Sweat.

I fully expect 1.9 to become a DE/DT, whether that's at that pick or after a trade down.

I would target Tez Walker with our 3rd and let him run deep while Moore cruises the middle of the field and Allen eats on slants and crossers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Currently in the last year of a 4-year deal, he will make $18.1m this year.

I wonder if there’s and extension in the works for him.  Hopefully DJ too.

I would have to imagine they are trying to work both of those out. Poles is clearly a "pay our own talent" type of guy, and when you invest a draft pick in a guy (ether via trade or making the pick ) he wants to make sure he keeps that talent.

I couldnt have thought of a better option to add to this team, I just never thought they would have traded him. Ive been clamoring for Robert Woods since I joined you guys, and Keenan Allen is like the super saiyan version of Bobby Trees Great pickup, and I think Waldron is putting together a great offense around a young QB. All while we are also bolstering a Defense that took a big step last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I’m totally down to draft Tory Taylor, but not with a 4th round pick.  Way too high for a punter.

Then you probably arent getting Taylor. A good punter is absolutely worth any pick outside the Top 100. Especially in this draft, that is super shallow overall IMO (which is why we are shedding those picks like its a clearance sale) which I believe is the result of the Covid Year stuff, we may see one more class like this, but its almost over

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

I see the most likely draft implication being Dallas Turner at 9, as #2 Edge pass rusher is still vacant and a presumption that neither of Odunze or Nabers will be there at 9. Alternatively, we need more capital, and I could easily see us trading down for Brian Thomas at WR, or JPJ at center, while trying to recoup a 2nd rounder, where the draft is still pretty strong.  We aren't really "FORCED" to make a move (other than Drafting Caleb and punting Fields into the sun)

Im not a Dallas Turner guy, but I get it. I think this offseason so far has done two things, really bolstered the entire roster (still think we were easily Bottom 10 last year) and put us in a great position to be flexible at #9. We dont NEED a Weaponm, we dont NEED Offensive Line, and Id imagine we still grab another DE/DL so we dont NEED to make that pick either

If we have a great talent fall into our lap, we can just snag them, but if we dont think they are the Top Tier at #9, bail out and grab another Day 2 or Future pick

7 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Odunze and BB are top-5 worthy and fall to us at 9.....

Verse chop any of the projected 1st round DTs are nowhere NeAR the prospects that Odunze or Bowers are.....

Rome/Brock >>>>> any Defensive player in this Draft

You are starting to severyly over rate Rome and Brock (or Underrate the Defensive guys, one or the other)

Brock is a great TE prospect, I love him and would be happy to have him, he is Dallas Clark reincarnated with a bit more athleticism, but he may have some medical concerns

Rome is tantalizing, no doubt. But to me he is pretty clearly the #3 WR in this draft, and he has a pretty long way to go to become a complete WR. And as we have clearly prioritized route runners (Moore/Allen) Im not sure how high we are on a guy like Odunze right now

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Caleb wore #18 in HS...ain't no Bear with that number right now.

For me? Give him 19. It’s my favorite sports number. Johnny Unitas. Joe Montana (KC). Tony Gwynn. Jonathan Toews. 

For him? I think he’d choose 12. He talked at the combine about idolizing the play of Rodgers growing up.

5 hours ago, malagabears said:

The CAP hit being reported is kinda fishy. Normally the trading team eats any bonus money structured into the current deal which means the Bears should only be on the hook for 18M. I'd look at extending him after the season for something like 2/22M with 14M guaranteed and a 12M signing bonus if he keeps his current stats.

Not sure if someone answered already, but its a Roster Bonus, not a Signing Bonus. Its all about what Roster he is on at the specified date

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I am really surprised at the volume of picks he's traded away though.  Proven players with Sweat and Allen, and Bates at least sounds like a good player to have.  Maybe he plans to recoup something from trading 1.9 and Fields and that made the picks easier for him to part with.

I said it in a earlier post, but I think he sees this draft class as extremely shallow. So take those Day 3 picks, which so many people completely overrate, and scoop up some proven commodities, especially if we can use our Cap Space we have kept to absorb these contracts that other teams just cant hold on to

• Like 3

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I said it in an earlier post, but I think he sees this draft class as extremely shallow. So take those Day 3 picks, which so many people completely overrate, and scoop up some proven commodities, especially if we can use our Cap Space we have kept to absorb these contracts that other teams just cant hold on to

Agreed. Draft picks are assets, to be used however best to add players. Getting a known commodity for the extremely volatile mystery box that is a mid-late round pick is an approach I wish we’d take more often tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

For me? Give him 19. It’s my favorite sports number. Johnny Unitas. Joe Montana (KC). Tony Gwynn. Jonathan Toews. 

For him? I think he’d choose 12. He talked at the combine about idolizing the play of Rodgers growing up.

To be fair this is what I was thinking as well...not sure how great a start it would be to his career mind you hahaha...I've always really liked #8 for a QB and would tie into the Rodgers fandom with him wearing #8 in college...

Would be a big statement to take #15

• Like 1