Bears trade for WR Keenan Allen

CBears019

Aside from him being a really good (even if he's age wise going to be on the decline), the important factor here is that it doesn't force us to make a specific move in the draft.

WR 1 and WR 2 are covered.... RB 1/2/3 are all covered.... TE 1/2 are covered. And we have what is it 2 or 3 added interior OL guys?

I see the most likely draft implication being Dallas Turner at 9, as #2 Edge pass rusher is still vacant and a presumption that neither of Odunze or Nabers will be there at 9. Alternatively, we need more capital, and I could easily see us trading down for Brian Thomas at WR, or JPJ at center, while trying to recoup a 2nd rounder, where the draft is still pretty strong.  We aren't really "FORCED" to make a move (other than Drafting Caleb and punting Fields into the sun)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I hope he does, but it seems glaringly evident to me that 4-5-6 will all be WRs off the board IMO.

Its no lock that RO/mn will make it to 9, but looking more and more likely that the 4th qb will hit top-10

NYG need a qb 

TeN just signed Ridley and Joe Alt sitting there for them

ATL has to go D after Cousins and Mooney (Dallas Turner)

of course MHj is 1st WR 

...this leaves one of Nabers and RO available at 9

Edited by SLCbear

4 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

If Allen gives us two years of being a great WR2 for Caleb then it’s a fantastic trade. Trade down 5-10 spots from 9 and take JPJ or Verse is the move now. 

You can't pass on Nabers or RO bc of 2 yrs ALLen 

Those 2 will be very cheap superstars for 5 years  ! and take over for Allen and we use Allen's $$ somewhere else 

6 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

You can't pass on Nabers or RO bc of 2 yrs ALLen 

Those 2 will be very cheap superstars for 5 years  ! and take over for Allen and we use Allen's $$ somewhere else 

I wouldn’t be upset if they still went WR at 9 because I really like both players. But I’d also like to add a day 2 pick since we have very few picks. There’s a decent chance neither make it to 9 too. 

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

If Odunze or Nabers are there at 9, I’d be totally fine taking them to make WR and overwhelming strength of this team, especially considering that Keenan is almost 32.

QB

QB

QB

WR

WR

WR

I think we take Dallas Turner at 9 if he's there, otherwise we trade back if we really like JPJ.

I love it for the simple fact, I wanted a defensive guy at #9 this whole time....even though we have the cap money, our defense is all on expensive contracts....we need at least 1 rookie deal stud, preferably a pass rusher type dude

24 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

I wouldn’t be upset if they still went WR at 9 because I really like both players. But I’d also like to add a day 2 pick since we have very few picks. There’s a decent chance neither make it to 9 too. 

I hear you, Picks are very important BUT Odunze Nabers are SpECIAL ...Bowers tOO but TEs always fall in the Draft

TeN will take Alt and ATL will take Turner 

Its up to NYG

Order will most likely be Caleb, Daniels, Maye, MHj, WR, NYG?, Alt, Turner  

33 minutes ago, G08 said:

QB

QB

QB

WR

WR

WR

I think we take Dallas Turner at 9 if he's there, otherwise we trade back if we really like JPJ.

I will be SHocKED if Turner gets past AtL, esp after committing long term to Cousins and Mooney

Edited by SLCbear

Nice trade. Allen is as proven as they come. Little on the older side but a good stop gap for the next cpl seasons.

I think this move signifies they will look to deal the #9 pick provided they take CW as expected #1. Recoup some picks and take the BPA on th board 

I feel people were too focused on Odunze or Nabers at 9 and yeah while those guys are good prospects this is a deep WR draft and now that they traded for Allen I see them turning their attention elsewhere 

• Like 1