Bears trade for WR Keenan Allen

CBears019

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed. Draft picks are assets, to be used however best to add players. Getting a known commodity for the extremely volatile mystery box that is a mid-late round pick is an approach I wish we’d take more often tbh. 

Yea, its not as exciting as a draft pick, because "it could be Tom Brady!!" while Ryan Bates is established in what he is, with maybe a bit of potential in a system that better fits him.

But in reality, most of these picks are Velus Jones (or worse, believe it or not) and this is a very smart way to build up the whole roster, while you can before you have to pay the draft picks that you actually do hit on.

• Like 1

I love this addition. Keenan is a gamer. One of my favorite players to have in fantasy football. Loves the game of football, wants to be out there making plays. A little bit of swagger to his game but he won't get your team in trouble crossing any lines. Amazing addition for the price.

2 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

JF1 to Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, Swift...  will be fun to watch.  The 12 personnel lineup is looking good ... no weakness here...   Yeah... I like this a lot.

Hopefully the OL is not the weak link again lolz ahahah🤣😂

Brother, I pray for you when the Fields shoe eventually drops. 😂

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Or he's going to be one of the few who isnt in complete despair...

I would just love to see what Sean Peyton's offer to move up to #1 for Caleb Williams would be. I feel like he would give up his entire family, but in football terms, what would that return for moving down to #12 be?

29 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

So many need this prayer.

The 'receipts' people are going to be annoying to those poor souls on X.  

I will say If by some miracle I am wrong (never happens) and we trade 1 and Fields is QB1.    I will say I am also going to be annoyed - because I am sure I will be getting some 'receipts'.

Just now, dll2000 said:

So many need this prayer.

The 'receipts' people are going to be annoying to those poor souls on X.  

I will say If by some miracle I am wrong (never happens) and we trade 1 and Fields is QB1.    I will say I am also going to be annoyed - because I am sure I will be getting some 'receipts'.

I'll also say if Poles true plan is to keep Fields as QB and trade 1, he has gone about it the stupidest way possible.

I will have lost a lot of respect for him.  Not for that decision, although I think that is a stupid decision, but for the flawed process and not maximizing value for trading 1 overall like he did last year.

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I will have lost a lot of respect for him.  Not for that decision, although I think that is a stupid decision, but for the flawed process and not maximizing value for trading 1 overall like he did last year.

Feels like you cant really make that judgment without knowing what the end result of the return of trading #1 would be, no?

I mean we didnt even know what he was doing last year until it was already done. And we dont really know much this year, other than what we are assuming because we dont know. Confusion can cause panic which can cause desperation, which could result in a Massive return (if thats the plan)

1 hour ago, JibjeResearch said:

JF1 to Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, Swift...  will be fun to watch.  The 12 personnel lineup is looking good ... no weakness here...   Yeah... I like this a lot.

Hopefully the OL is not the weak link again lolz ahahah🤣😂

i see one weakness for sure

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Feels like you cant really make that judgment without knowing what the end result of the return of trading #1 would be, no?

I mean we didnt even know what he was doing last year until it was already done. And we dont really know much this year, other than what we are assuming because we dont know. Confusion can cause panic which can cause desperation, which could result in a Massive return (if thats the plan)

It was pretty clear he was shopping 1 last year and keeping Fields. 

And I feel I can make that judgment. 

Even if he trades 1 and gets an amazing return he did it without all the bidders in place.  So we will never know if it could have been that much better.  That is bad process. 

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It was pretty clear he was shopping 1 last year and keeping Fields. 

And I feel I can make that judgment. 

Even if he trades 1 and gets an amazing return he did it without all the bidders in place.  So we will never know if it could have been that much better.  That is bad process. 

But I don't think that is happening.   I think we are drafting Caleb and the back up plan is not Fields, but another QB.  Fields is plan C.

For all evidence I have gone over too many times to repeat.  

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I like Brock a whole lot, but do you really not think that he’s kinda off our radar with Kmet already locked in long term and a Waldron special in Everett just added? Also, his medical is at least somewhat questionable right now, no? Had a serious ankle injury last year for which had the tightrope surgery, and now hasn’t participated in the combine or UGA pro day. Might be nothing, but might be something.

I love Odunze’s skill set too and think he’s gonna be really good, but I am also higher on Verse than most - he’s a strong run defender and while he’s not super bendy his speed-to-power conversion is sick. I think he’s gonna be a perennial double digit sack guy in the NFL and he’s a guy that fits all of Flus’ known desires at edge rusher (fast, long, strong, not a liability against the run, high motor). FWIW, NFL.com has him with their 5th highest player grade amongst all prospects:

IMG-4868.jpg

I would take Verse at 9 and be totally fine with it but if you can get him after a small trade down (and I think you can)? Even better. The goal of the draft (and offseason in general) is to add top talent. To me both Verse and Odunze are top talents, with the differentiators for me being that we already added a top talent at WR, and that DE is far shallower than WR in the draft. 

If the medicals are clean,  Kmet (perfect compliment, &vice versa) or Everett (older receiving threat on 2 yr deal) shouldn't move BB off our radar ...if the medicals are clean. 

Odunze can't be overlooked bc of Keenan Allen either. Rome will be still be a CHeaP superstar when Allen is mostly doNE. 

Verse scares me to DEATH, along with all the other 'high-profile' non-CB defensive players, even Dallas Turner scares me because he's unstoppable and then disappears

I don't watch alot of College Football but tuned in pretty regularly for FLstate to watch verse. His overall game-impact is not top10-15 worthy imHO. 

That said, I do believe DL is the greater need atm but WR is not far off from this  and Odunze for me is head and shoulders above verse, Brock too. I could maybe be talked into Turner if he somehow slips past ATL, but even then I LoVE how Rome is wired mentally ! and what BRock is capable of ALL over the field. And both help to ensure young QB success which is MOST IMPORTANT 

Bringing in Clowney and VanNoy to patch things up for now, which allows DWalk to work more INside still moves the needle significantly compared to what we had opposite of Sweat last season, esp if big Dex makes a sig developmental leap. Then get our DE/DT or both next offseason or before the deadline.  if everything is really coming together and the right piece is available, like Sweat was, then give up one of our 2nds at the deadline.

I will always lean more towards weapons for Caleb to make sure his transition and development are SUCCESS 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I suspect Williams wants #0...issue is will George allow it? Hopefully so for what is suppose to be a fresh start for your franchise at QB

several posts about Heorge and the  #0 ? what is this about