Rams sign S Kamren Curl

NVRamsFan

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He’s an average player. He isn’t going to hurt you but he doesn’t make any big plays either. 

Those guys tend to do well in our defense. Really happy with this signing.

• Like 1

If there’s one thing we do is develop guys amazingly. It’s the guys that leave us that suck for other teams 😂. This guy was on top of PFF list for a while no? Sound solid safeties thrive in our system. We don’t allow for playmaking gamblers. I really thought we would bring back Nick Scott since he was so bad in Cincy. 

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Those guys tend to do well in our defense. Really happy with this signing.

That was my first thought, but at the same time I've literally never heard of this guy... and that's typically not a good sign.  That said, at this money and contract term (with the cap-increase $6.5m/annum is the new $4m/annum), this move doesn't preclude us still investing in a more long-term solution at safety in the draft while having Curl as the 3rd safety that comes on to cover TE's - which God knows we needed help with last season.

Edited by Dr LBC

17 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

That was my first thought, but at the same time I've literally never heard of this guy... and that's typically not a good sign.  That said, at this money and contract term (with the cap-increase $6.5m/annum is the new $4m/annum), this move doesn't preclude us still investing in a more long-term solution at safety in the draft while having Curl as the 3rd safety that comes on to cover TE's - which God knows we needed help with last season.

He was considered one of the better FAs on the market.

Only 24 too my goodness and a 4 year vet.. 6’2 can play the slot too. Man if we had Reem I’ll be so hyped. This is the type of guy you play at the star position. Slot/LB/Safety. Don’t really know what time of defense Schula is going to run. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

If there’s one thing we do is develop guys amazingly. It’s the guys that leave us that suck for other teams 😂. This guy was on top of PFF list for a while no? Sound solid safeties thrive in our system. We don’t allow for playmaking gamblers. I really thought we would bring back Nick Scott since he was so bad in Cincy. 

Sounds like how the Pats are/were

greater than the sum of their parts. Turn average players into players viable for a payday on open market, who then suck outside of the “system” 

• Like 1