Jets sign OT Tyron Smith

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, Tugboat said:

How many of this dude's "scoops" are on players from the same agency?  lol.  Too lazy too look it up myself.  But it has that vibe to it.  Intern just snooping around the office and reporting.  lol.

Still better than half the insiders that aren't named Schefter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

How many of this dude's "scoops" are on players from the same agency?  lol.  Too lazy too look it up myself.  But it has that vibe to it.  Intern just snooping around the office and reporting.  lol.

I had the exact same thought

I’m okay with Dallas not bringing him back at that price, but he deserves it. Hopefully he stays healthy and hits his incentives.

I really don’t like the idea of Dallas going into the draft with glaring holes at LT (or LG, depending on where Tyler Smith plays), C, and RB. I’m curious if they really are going to let Dak play out this deal without a restructure, which is really limiting their cap space.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

One hopes the games Smith is healthy for line up with the game Rodgers is healthy for.  It would be awkward if they were offset or opposite.

I was thinking that too. The offense should be potent when they’re on the field together, but…

Who plays more games in 2024?

Tyron Smith or Aaron Rodgers

I absolutely get the signing given the state of the Jets OL but asking a aging injury prone LT to protect your aging QB coming off an Achilles,  isn't necessarily a recipe for season long success?

Stars better align perfectly. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who plays more games in 2024?

Tyron Smith or Aaron Rodgers

I absolutely get the signing given the state of the Jets OL but asking a aging injury prone LT to protect your aging QB coming off an Achilles,  isn't necessarily a recipe for season long success?

Stars better align perfectly. 

I can kind of understand where they're coming from though.  They're already well into "gambling" territory pretty much hinging their entire season on AAron coming back and being good.  Why not double down and gamble on other stuff too i guess?  Might be a little bit of a gambler's fallacy...but i suppose that's basically where they're coming from.  And if the stars do align, it could pay off huge for them.  I'm just not sure they're gambling with the greatest of odds here.  Where multiple risky bets all at once can have a real compounding effect...especially when some of the bets are contingent on others working out like this.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Also...MetLife danger Turf.

This CAN NOT be emphasized enough!!

It is mind-boggling given the amount of money paid to Giant/Jets players how neither Owner will pony up the money to replace that surface!

Absurd Really, Criminal!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

And is that a Freudian slip, insinuating that Tyron Smith is old and going to end up injured and unable to do so?

That's a MAJOR red flag there for sure.  He's played in 7.5 games over the last 4 seasons, and hasn't played an entire season since 2015.  At the very least, you're probably going to see him miss 2-3 games this upcoming season.  Don't get me wrong, when he's healthy he's clearly better than any other OT the Jets have fielded in recent memory, but I don't have faith in him staying healthy.

• Like 1