The Acolyte - June 4th

Acgott

20 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’ve also got to say that, no matter what people may feel about the plot, storytelling, etc…….the lightsaber fights, especially the final duel with Qimir and Sol, were some of the best Star Wars cinematic things ever seen.  They did a fantastic job choreographing those.  

That was certainly a high note for the show. I also enjoyed the fisticuffs. 

• Like 1

I just got to the final 2 episodes yesterday, and enjoyed them more than any of the others.. until the blame was put on Sol. The Jedi are stupid enough to believe it, and he was acting sketchy by going rogue/turning off his tracker.. but come on.  The little groundhog tracker saw everything, no?

On 7/29/2024 at 12:34 PM, adamq said:

I just got to the final 2 episodes yesterday, and enjoyed them more than any of the others.. until the blame was put on Sol. The Jedi are stupid enough to believe it, and he was acting sketchy by going rogue/turning off his tracker.. but come on.  The little groundhog tracker saw everything, no?

The whole tracker thing was bizarre to me, but it seems like he wasn’t on the side of the Jedi.  The Tynnans are a sentient species with their own home world though.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Annnnnnnd now we're gonna get re-hashes of old characters and nothing but the mando verse for the next decade.

Yoda TV show spinoff about dealing with the Jedi Council and it's a comedy incoming. 

Wasn't the best but they could've made it anthology or something and learn from the first season.

Oh well at least we're getting Andor Season 2.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xmad said:

Annnnnnnd now we're gonna get re-hashes of old characters and nothing but the mando verse for the next decade.

Yoda TV show spinoff about dealing with the Jedi Council and it's a comedy incoming. 

Wasn't the best but they could've made it anthology or something and learn from the first season.

What they really need is someone who is giving direction for everything, and it not be Kathleen Kennedy.  She has proven ever since George Lucas sold to Disney that she can not handle this IP.  It’s been one disaster after another starting with Rogue One and the last-second director swap, and has continued through this.  Someone needs to be the main storyteller.  Dave Filoni is fine.  

But this was also a strange series to put forward when nothing else is in TV, movie or live animation about the High Republic.  Their stories since Rise of Skywalker have not been focused on this era at all, and it was a mistake to go that direction.  

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 8:14 PM, Xmad said:

But…and hear me out…rather than take this as a “well we shouldn’t try new content” message…

They need to take it as a lesson to actually write good content and tell a story and make it last longer than six episodes. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, D82 said:

But…and here me out…rather than take this as a “well we shouldn’t try new content” message…

They need to take it as a lesson to actually write good content and tell a story and make it last longer than six episodes. 

When new projects fail they fall back on classic IPs and legacy characters. It's Disneys creative MO.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What they really need is someone who is giving direction for everything, and it not be Kathleen Kennedy.  She has proven ever since George Lucas sold to Disney that she can not handle this IP.  It’s been one disaster after another starting with Rogue One and the last-second director swap, and has continued through this.  Someone needs to be the main storyteller.  Dave Filoni is fine.  

But this was also a strange series to put forward when nothing else is in TV, movie or live animation about the High Republic.  Their stories since Rise of Skywalker have not been focused on this era at all, and it was a mistake to go that direction.  

There is no main storyteller it's managing a bunch of executives and letting the creatives do their work, executives usually just collect a paycheck and pretend to manage while just signing documents. Main thing is dealing with the producers and greenlighting projects. Outside of like Resistance and the rise of sky walker we've gotten anywhere from really good **** (Mandalorian) (Andor) (Clone Wars, animated stuff) to mediocre projects and like 12 announcements that died before seeing production. Star Wars is profitable that's all that matters no one cares about the critical reception if it prints money.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xmad said:

Yuuuuup

This was probably the furthest they’ll get away from the skywalker saga timeline in any meaningful way for awhile. 

Pretty sure they’ll never do an Old Republic project because of the limited tie-in to other stuff.

Show had its issues, but would’ve liked to see what a season 2 looked like too. At least get to finish the story.

• Like 2

I feel like the KOTOR remake is the most we'll get if that ever gets out of developmental hell. Maybe some comics or a book here or there to tie in but that is basically dead in the water since the "High republic" media died on the streaming vine. Old Republic MMO still brings in money so who knows we can dream.

2 hours ago, Xmad said:

I feel like the KOTOR remake is the most we'll get if that ever gets out of developmental hell. Maybe some comics or a book here or there to tie in but that is basically dead in the water since the "High republic" media died on the streaming vine. Old Republic MMO still brings in money so who knows we can dream.

Yeah sucks that the game remake was mostly a grift, switched studios and they are plugging away...so some hope I guess.

• Like 1