53 Man Roster Projection

AnAngryAmerican

38 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Put him on the 53 - then on IR and bring back Raymond.

That would be awesome.  Could be as soon as tomorrow too.  Only has to spend time on the 53-man roster after today to qualify for IR-return and teams aren't forced to lock a guy in yet.  

That same scenario I could see Lynch going to IR-return tomorrow and then we sign our backup.  Then lynch still can be recalled later if he's healthy and our backup isn't cutting it.  

The kicker for IR-return - can't come back until after week 8.  So Lynch and C-Henderson makes a lot of sense realistically they aren't helping early even if healthy.   Guys like Kerr & Booker can help sooner so unlikely to be stashed and you only can recall 2 anyways.  

DAL is doing the same with their TE Rico Gathers seems like tomorrow will be IR-return day. 

Given the above info seems like we wait until tomorrow at earliest to get our backup NT and QB.  Then we IR everyone who we are fine with waiting 8 weeks minimum and only 2 can return.  

Kelly & Butt no-brainers.   C-Henderson seems still a 50-50 if all we have to do is wait until tomorrow to do it.   Lynch could be the wild card I mean even if he somehow improves the mental side of his development hard to see it happening in less than 8 weeks (and NOTHING so far says the light has come on yet).  IR'ing Lynch and C-Henderson would really help our roster number crunch. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given the above info seems like we wait until tomorrow at earliest to get our backup NT and QB.  Then we IR everyone who we are fine with waiting 8 weeks minimum and only 2 can return.  

Kelly & Butt no-brainers.   C-Henderson seems still a 50-50 if all we have to do is wait until tomorrow to do it.   Lynch could be the wild card I mean even if he somehow improves the mental side of his development hard to see it happening in less than 8 weeks (and NOTHING so far says the light has come on yet).  IR'ing Lynch and C-Henderson would really help our roster number crunch. 

I'm telling you I really don't think Butt is going on IR. I think it's PUP for him. 

11 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm telling you I really don't think Butt is going on IR. I think it's PUP for him. 

Was he on PUP before?  If so that's possible he stays.  If he wasn't though it's only IR you can't PUP guys now it had to be done before.   Tough keeping track of all the moves lol.   

EDIT:  yes he was.  So yeah reserve PUP there's nothing lost by keeping him there then we decide on IR between weeks 6-11.  Either way though he's not counting on the 53-man roster unless activated  though.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

Wow C-Henderson to IR now.  Which means NO shot to return this year.   Ouch. 

Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)
QB Chad Kelly on NFI. WR Carlos Henderson on IR. DL Shelby Harris has not been cut and it's past 2 p.m. so it sounds good for him. #9sports

Honestly, it's probably in the best interest of his development anyway. He has zero familiarity with a playbook.

8 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Honestly, it's probably in the best interest of his development anyway. He has zero familiarity with a playbook.

Absolutely.  But to not wait 1 day and leave the option to activate him in 2H speaks volumes as to how raw he must be.  Sushi level rawness. 

13 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Lammey tweeting that a number of teams are looking at claiming Stoler off waviers

In order to do that a team would have to be willing to stash him on active roster for minimum 3 weeks.  Doesn't mean no one will do that but will be interested to see who takes that route.  

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

In order to do that a team would have to be willing to stash him on active roster for minimum 3 weeks.  Doesn't mean no one will do that but will be interested to see who takes that route.  

Some team will do it because he is the real deal. We just weren't smart enough to do it.

Archived