53 Man Roster Projection

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I'm surprised CLH didn't make it. Good for Doss doe!

They must see something in Doss I don't. I think he's a much better fit for a zone scheme than for the press man we run. And considering CLH has ties to Vance I figured he had the inside track. It does worry me that Woods might be moving away from Wade's scheme, which would be a foolish mistake. 

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

They must see something in Doss I don't. I think he's a much better fit for a zone scheme than for the press man we run. And considering CLH has ties to Vance I figured he had the inside track. It does worry me that Woods might be moving away from Wade's scheme, which would be a foolish mistake. 

I had thought the same thing with the cincy connection. I guess they like Doss' ability to get turnovers. I'd hate for us to go heavy zone, mixing it up I don't mind. I'm very interested in Woods. Was not a fan of Wade leaving.

Just now, iLikeDefense said:

Wow, weren't we expecting back around week 1-2? This sucks.

Schefter says that we plan to bring him back which means that we can't have put him on IR before 4pm Eastern. My best guess is that Ray was technically on the original 53 but then they had to cut someone to make room for Osweiler so they've flipped Ray to IR.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Broncos QB Paxton Lynch is expected to miss roughly 5 weeks with his bruised shoulder, source said. No IR. But an extended stint for Brock.

If we only needed an IR spot to get Oz in tomorrow I'm shocked we didn't IR Lynch over Ray.  This only makes sense knowing the above if Ray really needs all 8 weeks to play again.    

Even if Ray is able to return in week 6 you would rather IR return Lynch and get the extra 2 games from Ray.   Hope it's not a more serious injury.  

On the 3-4 DE front - while Shelby Harris has been decent and Wolfe coming back great news - SF Quentin Dial was a victim of the #'S game for the 49ers and waived today.   Our run D could use him a ton.   Plus he's cheap so actually worth claiming on WW to keep his 2018/19 contract $.  Get him and a NT from NY/SEA and our DL depth improves a lot.  And Dial would be a long term depth asset at worst.  

Tomorrow could be even more interesting for our roster than today.  

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

On the 3-4 DE front - while Shelby Harris has been decent and Wolfe coming back great news - SF Quentin Dial was a victim of the #'S game for the 49ers and waived today.   Our run D could use him a ton.   Plus he's cheap so actually worth claiming on WW to keep his 2018/19 contract $.  Get him and a NT from NY/SEA and our DL depth improves a lot.  And Dial would be a long term depth asset at worst.  

Tomorrow could be even more interesting for our roster than today.  

I agree - there are some holes that could be filled by better options than we currently have

Archived