53 Man Roster Projection

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Rumours on twitter that Elway is looking to swap Ward for Matt Forte

How would that help?  Same salaries RB is one area we don't need more guys.   Forte is fading badly.  No thx. 

(I realize you are just the messenger lol)

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

The fact Bibbs was cut doesn't hurt our 2018 4th right? Since we included a draft pick used last year already in the trade...

We keep it wasn't a conditional pick trade. Elway killed it there the deal was his best move, since it was acquiring a valuable pick (just outside top 100) at potentially zero cost.  A bunch of us called it then amongst the angst expressed on losing Bibbs.     

Even if Bibbs stayed in SF and didn't get cut I'd have said the same.   RB is just the most replaceable skill position in football by a country mile. 

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

We keep it wasn't a conditional pick trade. Elway killed it there the deal was his best move, since it was acquiring a valuable pick (just outside top 100) at potentially zero cost.  A bunch of us called it then amongst the angst expressed on losing Bibbs.     

Even if Bibbs stayed in SF and didn't get cut I'd have said the same.   RB is just the most replaceable skill position in football by a country mile. 

Well yes that was common sense we won that trade. All I asked was if we keep the pick...

Denver waived Juwan Thompson and Ridley so it appears Henderson may get a guaranteed spot. Sad to see Thompson go but it's not surprising. Dude flashed moments of brilliance but his running style won't let him stay healthy. Odd that we're still waiting on Ward. They must still be looking for a trade? 

So 14 cuts (or traded away) made, 22 more to go.   Kelly / Butt / C-Henderson likely all hit IR today.  

2 UDFA to watch - Jamal Carter was our priority UDFA sign and the likely reason behind TJ Ward departure (Simmons/Parks ahead of him but Elway doesn't want to risk losing him to WW trying to get him to PS).  NT Jarrett is the other UDFA I'd expect to make the team for sure with Kerr & younger Peko out.  And maybe stick for good if Kyle Peko injury is more serious.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

So 14 cuts (or traded away) made, 22 more to go.   Kelly / Butt / C-Henderson likely all hit IR today.  

2 UDFA to watch - Jamal Carter was our priority UDFA sign and the likely reason behind TJ Ward departure (Simmons/Parks ahead of him but Elway doesn't want to risk losing him to WW trying to get him to PS).  NT Jarrett is the other UDFA I'd expect to make the team for sure with Kerr & younger Peko out.  And maybe stick for good if Kyle Peko injury is more serious.  

I consider myself a great safety scout and I was a fan of both Miami safeties coming into the draft last year (Rayshawn Jenkins and Carter) I also liked Orion Stewart as a late round/UDFA flier.

Carter I wouldn't call a big hitter (but he can hit) but better than that he is a stick hitter. Meaning he hits and sticks to his Guy and follows through the hit to a tackle as opposed to a lot of big hitters who hit using whole body force but don't wrap up depending on the impact of the hit to bring the player to the ground. He is ferocious and hungry and a captain at the U. Would love to see him make the team.

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I consider myself a great safety scout and I was a fan of both Miami safeties coming into the draft last year (Rayshawn Jenkins and Carter) I also liked Orion Stewart as a late round/UDFA flier.

Carter I wouldn't call a big hitter (but he can hit) but better than that he is a stick hitter. Meaning he hits and sticks to his Guy and follows through the hit to a tackle as opposed to a lot of big hitters who hit using whole body force but don't wrap up depending on the impact of the hit to bring the player to the ground. He is ferocious and hungry and a captain at the U. Would love to see him make the team.

Nice scouting report.  I think he's clearly the reason behind TJ Ward's likely departure a year ahead of schedule.   Carter as a UDFA got our highest signing bonus so he was a targeted guy but one Elway thought he could sneak in to the PS. His preseason flashes now put Elway into a numbers crunch he never expected this year at S.   So the Ward cut/trade.  

Make no mistake he's still #4 on the depth chart for 2017 behind Simmons/Parks if Ward goes.  But we have such a roster crunch with the 3rd QB I can't fault Elway for going this way if he does.  Same with NT Jarrett although there need factors in way more.  We could use depth at a premium position we will need to leverage that to address key weaknesses in 2018 as we don't have a great cap situation (not a disaster like KC but not great).  

I do hope we keep Shakir Soto on the PS.   He flashed way more than enough to get a spot there IMO. 

24 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Nice scouting report.  I think he's clearly the reason behind TJ Ward's likely departure a year ahead of schedule.   Carter as a UDFA got our highest signing bonus so he was a targeted guy but one Elway thought he could sneak in to the PS. His preseason flashes now put Elway into a numbers crunch he never expected this year at S.   So the Ward cut/trade.  

Make no mistake he's still #4 on the depth chart for 2017 behind Simmons/Parks if Ward goes.  But we have such a roster crunch with the 3rd QB I can't fault Elway for going this way if he does.  Same with NT Jarrett although there need factors in way more.  

I do hope we keep Shakir Soto on the PS.   He flashed way more than enough to get a spot there IMO. 

Yeah he will be a special team player this year and could see limited snaps. That is if he makes the team.

Archived