Saints sign DE Chase Young

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Rumor has it that it's fully GTD and if thats the case the Saints are fools and Chase Young and his representation won the offseason. 

1 year contract at $13 million is hardly a risk for the Saints.

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Rumor has it that it's fully GTD and if thats the case the Saints are fools and Chase Young and his representation won the offseason. 

Oh heavens.... a FULLY GUARANTEED contract!

I'm not sure how society can function if we are giving football players fully guaranteed 1-year deals

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don’t think it’s an overpay. Clowney got a similar deal after being disappointing. People will pay for that draft pedigree hoping for a homerun.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I cannot wait to rehash this conversation in a year. 

Sweet if it doesn’t work out, the Saints will pay him $0 in 2025. Otherwise the Saints get a DE that approach’s 10 sacks and quite a few pressures on a 1 year deal like he had last season posting career bests in each of those stat categories. In other words, it’s what is called a low risk/high reward signing.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Oh heavens.... a FULLY GUARANTEED contract!

I'm not sure how society can function if we are giving football players fully guaranteed 1-year deals

A fully gtd contract for a player that has never played a full season coming off being traded by the team that drafted him #2 overall and not resigned by the team traded to. The dude hasn't ever had double digit sacks in his career. The Saints got fleeced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Sweet if it doesn’t work out, the Saints will pay him $0 in 2025. Otherwise the Saints get a DE that approach’s 10 sacks and quite a few pressures on a 1 year deal like he had last season posting career bests in each of those stat categories. In other words, it’s what is called a low risk/high reward signing.

Sounds good. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

A fully gtd contract for a player that has never played a full season coming off being traded by the team that drafted him #2 overall and not resigned by the team traded to. The dude hasn't ever had double digit sacks in his career. The Saints got fleeced.

You act like it's a 5 year full guaranteed contract. It's a 1yr deal with the amount being roughly what other DEs of his caliber are receiving. May be a slight overpay, but I'm not seeing the huge problem you seem to be seeing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

It's a 1 year deal... The idea that we are now complaining about 1 year deals being "fully guaranteed" is both hilarious and sad for how people have been trained for words like "fully guaranteed" to be a trigger

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

You act like it's a 5 year full guaranteed contract. It's a 1yr deal with the amount being roughly what other DEs of his caliber are receiving. May be a slight overpay, but I'm not seeing the huge problem you seem to be seeing.

There is no problem. Merely reacting to a deal for a player. Glad my team isn't paying that as he undoubtedly won't be worth the price paid. 

I'll move along since people seemed to be bothered by my stance. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

There is no problem. Merely reacting to a deal for a player. Glad my team isn't paying that as he undoubtedly won't be worth the price paid. 

I'll move along since people seemed to be bothered by my stance. 

I still don’t think it’s an overpay. I think it’s perfectly fine to say he’s a lazy entitled uncoachable moron but also that this is the going rate for a former #2 overall lazy entitled uncoachable moron.