Packers D Coordinator Watch

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

And not to double post but the final nail in the coffin should be the fact that DBs we’ve let walk have flourished elsewhere after playing average or below average here. 

Thats on coaching right?

Look at Josh Jones, stud until the installs came in, now he's thinking not playing. Im not sure HHCD has any idea what he's supposed to be doing anymore. Not sure why we don't use House as physical as we used to as far as the press goes. It just was a total failure this year in the secondary. Randall was the only success story.

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Look at Josh Jones, stud until the installs came in, now he's thinking not playing. Im not sure HHCD has any idea what he's supposed to be doing anymore. Not sure why we don't use House as physical as we used to as far as the press goes. It just was a total failure this year in the secondary. Randall was the only success story.

House was dealing with injury and same with king. King played a lot of press until the shoulder started bothering him again. If king can get that shoulder fixed, then look out 2018.

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Fangio is the ideal choice I think. 

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Dom Capers is not fired, does not resign or does not retire, I quit football.  Just like I quit smoking six times. 

Have you now quit for good?  I hope so.  I did it cold turkey years ago but it wasn't easy.

Just now, Pugger said:

Have you now quit for good?  I hope so.  I did it cold turkey years ago but it wasn't easy.

I quit in October this year.  Got super ticked off at something and bought a pack at the beginning of December, took one drag and it was awful, so I threw the whole pack out.  I typically go a year of smoking, two years of successfully quitting cold turkey.  Then something really ticks me off or some tragedy happens in my life and I go right back to it. 

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Not only do I hope they fire Capers, but I also hope their solution isn't to "promote from within" like they usually do. This staff is in need of some shakeup with new voices being brought in

It would be great if they decide to bring in someone from outside there is a chance that if we promote from within the new DC will install a defensive scheme he wants instead of what Capers is calling.  

I don't think it's imperative we hire from outside the organization.  I'd like for us to, but I don't think it's entirely necessary.  All we need is someone who isn't comfortable.  What I mean by that is Capers is way too damn comfortable.  He is way too damn comfortable with only being a coordinator the rest of his career (he doesn't want to be a head coach).  He's way too comfortable in the press box.  He's way too comfortable having 8/10 poor seasons without so much as a, "He better improve" from McCarthy. 

It's never good to be comfortable as a coordinator.  Be uncomfortable on the field in the cold of Green Bay in December-January.  Be uncomfortable as a coordinator when you want to be a head coach.  Be uncomfortable as a coordinator if your defense allows record breaking performances consistently each week.  Be uncomfortable when your season ends thanks to your defense allowing 30+ points. 

From now on I'm calling him Dom Comfortable. 

Archived