Packers D Coordinator Watch

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think Capers will respectfully resign after being asked to do so. You have to know that they're gonna ask Winston Moss or Whitt, just how this org works, as much as we all hate it

As long as we move on from Capers I don't care who they hire/promote.  We don't know what kind of scheme Moss or Whitt would employ.

Unless McCarthy/Thompson are hell bent for change, Capers unfortunately has the decimated secondary excuse to fall back....Will it be enough?....Only time will tell....

I wonder if Rob Ryan will take a cut to come to GB?...Haircut that is....Would have rather had Wade Phillips, but am sure he's happy in LA....There has to be some budding young college coach who could come in and do at least as good as Capers.....

Look at Butler in Pitt for all you worried about promoting within. He's got that defense playing well. I feel it's about the passion/communication as much as it's about the game plan. Dom has always been an excellent game planner, there isn't much he hasn't seen. However I think it's relating to players and communicating his message to them that has passed him by.

As HZ pointed out Moss and Whitt are younger, hungrier guys. Both want their HC shot someday. I'd be excited to see what either bring. I know from being at camp those two are fiery guys.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Look at Butler in Pitt for all you worried about promoting within. He's got that defense playing well. I feel it's about the passion/communication as much as it's about the game plan. Dom has always been an excellent game planner, there isn't much he hasn't seen. However I think it's relating to players and communicating his message to them that has passed him by.

As HZ pointed out Moss and Whitt are younger, hungrier guys. Both want their HC shot someday. I'd be excited to see what either bring. I know from being at camp those two are fiery guys.

Well, Pitt's D has fallen off a cliff when they lost guys too. They aren't much better than our defense right now.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well, Pitt's D has fallen off a cliff when they lost guys too. They aren't much better than our defense right now.

Would even say Seattle has fallen off with their injuries. I despise the Seahawks but it was still shocking to see them get curb stomped at home yesterday. 

15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Look at Josh Jones, stud until the installs came in, now he's thinking not playing. Im not sure HHCD has any idea what he's supposed to be doing anymore. Not sure why we don't use House as physical as we used to as far as the press goes. It just was a total failure this year in the secondary. Randall was the only success story.

And even he is on record basically calling Dom an idiot after the Detroit game without using those words.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Hm, I don't see it. Giving up an avg of 28 points to Hundley, Dalton, Flacco and Brady over last 4 weeks.

Yeah they are slipping fast.  That they held Brady to 27 and dropped an easy INT makes me think they played a little better yesterday than it seemed.  The Hundley game they blew coverages, and the Cincy game they didn't adjust to the injuries.

Looking at potential HC firings the notable names with a defensive background could include Tod Bowles, Chuck Pagano, Vance Joseph, Steve Spagnuolo, Jack Del Rio, John Fox. Not a bad list I'd have to say.

There's also co-ordinators who might lose their jobs as a result of a head coach firing such as Mike Smith, Greg Manusky, Vic Fangio, Kacy Rodgers, Joe Woods, Paul Guenther.

There's the experienced coaches who are currently position coaches or out of job: Mike Pettine, Mike Nolan, Karl Dunbar, Don Martindale, Jim Haslett, Dennis Thurman, Ray Horton, Raheem Morris, Jeff Fisher,  Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan and Perry Fewell,

Potentially promoting within: Winston Moss is the obvious candiate but if any position coaches like Darren Perry, Joe Whitt Jr and Mike Trgovac get promoted ahead of him then there's a good chance he would leave. He would probably leave anyway if we hire an co-ordinator from outside the organistion as the new coach would want to bring his own guys with him.

And finally the co-ordinator college coaches and NFL position coaches potentially looking for their first NFL co-ordinator gig: Brian Flores (Patriots), Dave Aranda (LSU), Jim Leonhard (Wisconsin), Al Holcomb (Carolina), Todd Orlando (Texas), Brent Venables (Clemson), Josh Boyer (Patriots), Al Harris (Kansas), Matt Eberflus (Dallas), Tony Oden (Detroit), Aaron Glenn (New Orleans), Micheal Barrow (Seattle), Anthony Weaver (Houston), John Butler (Houston), Nick Eason (Titans), Titans (Lou Spanos), Jason Tarver (49ers),  Jerome Henderson (Falcons), Ron Milus (Chargers)

By not firing Capers last year we missed out on the likes of Gus Bradley, Leslie Frazier and Wade Phillips. We must not make that same mistake again.

Is there anybody that stands out for you? have I missed out on any potential candidates?

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Hm, I don't see it. Giving up an avg of 28 points to Hundley, Dalton, Flacco and Brady over last 4 weeks.

With the number of 32s we have next to our team in efficiency rankings you should see it.

They played poorly the last month. They'll never be the team they were with Shazier but that defense has played tiers ahead of ours this year. Even when we had King, and House like the NO game and Detroit we were awful.

Archived