Packers D Coordinator Watch

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

This. This was the sentiment at the time. We also had a stud in Shields. Only now with hindsight and having lost the stud to a career ending injury does anyone question the move.

Props for admitting this.

If GB had cut Randall mid season and he went on to be a pro bowler in 3 years some people here who were whining he should be cut would be saying TT was dumb for cutting him and that they knew better the whole time.

The stud had already been concussed several times .. it wasn't that difficult to foresee that he could continue to have issues.  I don't get the three years part .. Hayward and Hyde both became immediate pro bowl players with their new clubs.  They already had the talent .. just needed teams to put them in a proper spot to succeed.   

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The stud had already been concussed several times .. it wasn't that difficult to foresee that he could continue to have issues.  I don't get the three years part .. Hayward and Hyde both became immediate pro bowl players with their new clubs.  They already had the talent .. just needed teams to put them in a proper spot to succeed.   

there's only so much $ and time to go around. GB had invested 3 top picks in HHCD, Randall and Rollins and had a stud CB with a high pricetag on the books when these decisions were made. Further, Hayward flashed, but struggled with injuries too. The larger point remains that nobody blinked at eye at these decisions at the time.

Just now, cannondale said:

Reputation ? What is this the third grade ? I don't care about reputation or likes or the politics. Pretty much just football for me - thanks

No, it's the real world. Where you aren't always taken at your word when you constantly spew nonsense. Ya made the bed, deal. Don't get crabby and pretend I can't judge you by anything you said in the past, has jack **** to do with "third grade." Wahhhhhhhh Norm called out my nonsense, I will call him a child, that'll work!!!

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

there's only so much $ and time to go around. GB had invested 3 top picks in HHCD, Randall and Rollins and had a stud CB with a high pricetag on the books when these decisions were made. Further, Hayward flashed, but struggled with injuries too. The larger point remains that nobody blinked at eye at these decisions at the time.

It doesn't matter what we thought of the moves at the time ... NFL GM is a big boy job and they are judged on the moves they make.  When Ted choose to allow guys to leave that immediately became pro bowl players with their new squads, while his own defense continued to stink up the joint it's a terrible look.  Throw Peppers in there too .. should have been a realtively easy signing, but they didn't value the guy.  11 sacks later it looks like he still had something to offer.  The mistakes are piling up when you start looking at the past couple years.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It doesn't matter what we thought of the moves at the time ... 

It does in the context of this argument because the debate isn't whether or not TT should have kept them, but whether or not everyone here thought so at the time and then that their opinions today are somehow validated because they thought this.

32 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Hearing some rumors out of WSCR in Chicago, that Bruce Arians might be the next HC for the Bears and Fangio staying on as DC.  Anyone else hear this?

I think the reason this is coming up is because before Arians went to the Cards many thought he was going to the Bears.  They interviewed him then, and it's been a name that comes up now and again because he's kind of looked at as the one that got away.

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It doesn't matter what we thought of the moves at the time ... NFL GM is a big boy job and they are judged on the moves they make.  When Ted choose to allow guys to leave that immediately became pro bowl players with their new squads, while his own defense continued to stink up the joint it's a terrible look.  Throw Peppers in there too .. should have been a realtively easy signing, but they didn't value the guy.  11 sacks later it looks like he still had something to offer.  The mistakes are piling up when you start looking at the past couple years.

Okay, deal. It's a big boy job and none of us have a clue how to do it. No wait, 1000000000000000s of guys think they know better than him. They wear this costume:

hqdefault.jpg

You have every right to ***** after the fact when things go wrong. But I'm still going to laugh at them for it when they take credit for all this **** they never saw coming either. What's hilarious is that they talk like he's so obviously inept and less than 5% of them complaining about this move can prove they had issues with either Hyde or Hayward leaving at the time.

You're right, it's all about OUTCOMES and that is a massive ******* problem. It's just like when one position gets decimated and they cry that we didn't have a stud boundary 5th string corner. HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN EVERYONE WOULD GET HURT, HOW COULD HE NOT KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. It's hard to take seriously man.

Ted drafted BOTH of them, so there's that. Maybe Ted isn't braindead and nobody wants to play for Dom.

Pepp has 11 sacks? Holy ****.

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:
20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Okay, deal. It's a big boy job and none of us have a clue how to do it. No wait, 1000000000000000s of guys think they know better than him. They wear this costume:

hqdefault.jpg

You have every right to ***** after the fact when things go wrong. But I'm still going to laugh at them for it when they take credit for all this **** they never saw coming either. What's hilarious is that they talk like he's so obviously inept and less than 5% of them complaining about this move can prove they had issues with either Hyde or Hayward leaving at the time.

You're right, it's all about OUTCOMES and that is a massive ******* problem. It's just like when one position gets decimated and they cry that we didn't have a stud boundary 5th string corner. HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN EVERYONE WOULD GET HURT, HOW COULD HE NOT KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. It's hard to take seriously man.

Ted drafted BOTH of them, so there's that. Maybe Ted isn't braindead and nobody wants to play for Dom.

Pepp has 11 sacks? Holy ****.

I don't care enough to do it, but there were A LOT of people on this forum upset when Hayward signed a $5m aav deal with the Chargers, myself included. I didn't want to pay for what I viewed as an exclusively nickel corner, but I would have paid what the Chargers gave him without a second thought

I might be biased though, I had a Hayward sig for like 3 years

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't care enough to do it, but there were A LOT of people on this forum upset when Hayward signed a $5m aav deal with the Chargers, myself included. I didn't want to pay for what I viewed as an exclusively nickel corner, but I would have paid what the Chargers gave him without a second thought

Yeah, but Burge, you don't do it constantly. That's my gripe. Not at all direct at Ghost, but GM is a big boy job, but they all know all the moves to make it feels like. Then when they are wrong, well I'm not a GM! So......you can never lose. You can NEVER be wrong. Either you aren't a GM when you weren't right and you know better when you are. It's the easiest position on Earth to have.

Here's a point I haven't made lately. There's not two teams in the NFL and he barely got anything. Why did 30 other teams not want a PB CB for 5? Or a PB S for 6? I know they aren't OUR team, I totally get it, but it seems like nobody else was freaking out over them either. I'm a fence sitter, so I'm sure I fence sat. I didn't want Hyde at what he was paid at all though.

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It does in the context of this argument because the debate isn't whether or not TT should have kept them, but whether or not everyone here thought so at the time and then that their opinions today are somehow validated because they thought this.

It just feels like constantly I told you so's and plenty of the time nobody can prove anything, and like BURGE and the guy earlier, they don't come scream about it because they don't seek constant validation. There's nothing wrong with saying I was right, if it's not all you want to do.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:
9 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Yeah, but Burge, you don't do it constantly. That's my gripe. Not at all direct at Ghost, but GM is a big boy job, but they all know all the moves to make it feels like. Then when they are wrong, well I'm not a GM! So......you can never lose. You can NEVER be wrong. Either you aren't a GM when you weren't right and you know better when you are. It's the easiest position on Earth to have.

Here's a point I haven't made lately. There's not two teams in the NFL and he barely got anything. Why did 30 other teams not want a PB CB for 5? Or a PB S for 6? I know they aren't OUR team, I totally get it, but it seems like nobody else was freaking out over them either. I'm a fence sitter, so I'm sure I fence sat. I didn't want Hyde at what he was paid at all though.

I agree with Hyde, and I still stand by it. Our safety group was too deep to justify it. What I didn't see was HHCD regressing this year, though. If we don't sign Burnett, then I will be peeved at not signing Hyde though

13 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

It just feels like constantly I told you so's and plenty of the time nobody can prove anything, and like BURGE and the guy earlier, they don't come scream about it because they don't seek constant validation. There's nothing wrong with saying I was right, if it's not all you want to do.

My point wasn't to toot my own horn and show that I was right.  Truth be told I was probably wrong like Thompson.

Archived