Packers D Coordinator Watch

Packerraymond

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's been the rallying cry for the past 7 years.  This year proved that's not true.  One defensive starter was placed on IR this year.  The defense is not good, and it won't be with Capers coordinating. 

The brass had made some questionable calls the past couple years .. Hayward, Hyde, and Peppers could have helped.  Peppers has 11 sacks now .. Hayward and Hyde in the pro bowl.  If we let Burnett go it's going to look kind of a bad, because Hyde is now a pro bowl safety on a 5 year deal worth up to 32.5 mil.  Our coaches apparently failed to find the proper position for some of these guys, and our front office let some good players walk.  Hindsight is 20/20, but I think there should be more heat on our front office than there is.  I'm pretty down on the whole organization right now .. think we are going nowhere fast.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:41 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

The brass had made some questionable calls the past couple years .. Hayward, Hyde, and Peppers could have helped.  Peppers has 11 sacks now .. Hayward and Hyde in the pro bowl.  If we let Burnett go it's going to look kind of a bad, because Hyde is now a pro bowl safety on a 5 year deal worth up to 32.5 mil.  Our coaches apparently failed to find the proper position for some of these guys, and our front office let some good players walk.  Hindsight is 20/20, but I think there should be more heat on our front office than there is.  I'm pretty down on the whole organization right now .. think we are going nowhere fast.

I think you're 100% wrong. This front office got the pieces here and they were never that good here. That's on the defensive staff. All Ted can do is bring them in and pay them if they're good. Fact of the matter is Hayward and Hyde were not this good when they were here.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm with you. If these two things happen next year I will not watch a single snap and will sell my season tickets for the upcoming season. And yes I'm dead serious on this. If the combination of Dom Capers staying and Eliot Wolf leaving happens I'm done with this team until Eliot returns or Dom goes. If it comes down to Eliot Wolf taking another job without us securing him with a "promise to be our next gm" type contract or getting rid of Ted to retain him I'll be pissed. Hey Ted remember when we knew it was Aaron's turn and Brett was shoved to the side, well Ted it's Eliot's turn, step away. 

13 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I think you're 100% wrong. This front office got the pieces here and they were never that good here. That's on the defensive staff. All Ted can do is bring them in and pay them if they're good. Fact of the matter is Hayward and Hyde were not this good when they were here.

Getting the players here is part of it .. evaluating them properly and keeping them is the other part.  They both showed themselves to be good players in GB ... odd for Ted Thompson to let good players get out of town .. especially when neither got break the bank deals.  We've drafted 3 cornerbacks with high picks after the loss of Hayward, and we still might not have that position solidified.  With Burnett being a free agent this year they could have been proactive and inked Hyde to give themselves some cover, but they didn't and ended up spending another high pick on Josh Jones.  All these DB draft picks to replace guys that are now pro bowl players is a bad look .. especially when we could have used some of those picks on pass rush while keeping a couple good players on board at affordable deals. Unfortunately the Packers didn't value Hyde as anything more than a jack of all trades type, although the guy did seem to be a favorite among the coaching staff.  Buffalo saw something more apparently and swept in an added themselves a pro bowl safety.  You can go thru the list of Ted's decision making the past few years .. it's a not a pretty picture ... lots of mistakes.  The guy is dropping the ball more than Marty B.

11 hours ago, spilltray said:

Hayward is the only of the 3 that's even questionable. Peppers is where he wanted to be, and Hyde wasn't worth that deal here. 

I don't know about Peppers.  I thought I heard somewhere that he wanted to stay but we never even made an offer...?

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't know about Peppers.  I thought I heard somewhere that he wanted to stay but we never even made an offer...?

I've heard that, and I've heard Peppers wanted to return to Carolina for a retirement season .. so who knows?  Bottom line is the guy was still highly productive and we struggled with our pass rush all season long.  He wasn't adequately replaced, and that's been a reoccurring issue at several positions.  

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Getting the players here is part of it .. evaluating them properly and keeping them is the other part.  They both showed themselves to be good players in GB ... odd for Ted Thompson to let good players get out of town .. especially when neither got break the bank deals.  We've drafted 3 cornerbacks with high picks after the loss of Hayward, and we still might not have that position solidified.  With Burnett being a free agent this year they could have been proactive and inked Hyde to give themselves some cover, but they didn't and ended up spending another high pick on Josh Jones.  All these DB draft picks to replace guys that are now pro bowl players is a bad look .. especially when we could have used some of those picks on pass rush while keeping a couple good players on board at affordable deals. Unfortunately the Packers didn't value Hyde as anything more than a jack of all trades type, although the guy did seem to be a favorite among the coaching staff.  Buffalo saw something more apparently and swept in an added themselves a pro bowl safety.  You can go thru the list of Ted's decision making the past few years .. it's a not a pretty picture ... lots of mistakes.  The guy is dropping the ball more than Marty B.

Can't pay everybody, and I was in the boat to not pay either of those guys. They were ok, but not anything close to Pro Bowl players here. If Ted had paid them people would be bitching about their salary and how Ted only pays his guys and how we should cut them to save money. Ted can't win. Ted has made some mistakes, but every GM does. I don't hold Hayward/Hyde against him at all, that's on the defensive staff.

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We drafted one high pick corner after Casey left. Rollins and Randall were here after good rookie seasons.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:41 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

This alone is why Dom should be fired...

Archived