Packers D Coordinator Watch

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, PackFan4Life said:

Does not have the instincts to make up for missteps at all. Needs to play more to be successful in this scheme. Getting hurt ruined the idea he would get better as the season progressed. He is at the same point headed into next year unless there are changes to the scheme and his responsibilities next year.

Oh totally agree with his football instincts. I just think he's stiff, sorry about that.

I got this from the Milwaukee Journal and sort of intrigued by this: Paul Guenther, Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator: If McCarthy wants to counter what the Vikings are doing, he might want to go after Guenther. It’s possible the Bengals will hire him as a head coach or keep him as defensive coordinator, but if not, he’s a definite candidate. He learned at the feet of Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and his defenses are tough. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I got this from the Milwaukee Journal and sort of intrigued by this: Paul Guenther, Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator: If McCarthy wants to counter what the Vikings are doing, he might want to go after Guenther. It’s possible the Bengals will hire him as a head coach or keep him as defensive coordinator, but if not, he’s a definite candidate. He learned at the feet of Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and his defenses are tough. Thoughts?

I would definitely be intrigued. It sounds like he is probably going to be a lead candidate for the head coach job there though. Only way I could see him interviewing with us would be if he misses out on that job.  

10 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I would definitely be intrigued. It sounds like he is probably going to be a lead candidate for the head coach job there though. Only way I could see him interviewing with us would be if he misses out on that job.  

Guenther intrigues me the most too.

This may have been posted already, but it looks like Capers will officially be gone this year:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21921588/green-bay-packers-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers-not-expected-return-next-season

Not sure how reliable this is, and it's pretty vague too

Edit: Wow there's an entire thread for this that I missed somehow, ignore me

3 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I doubt they go back to a 4-3. We have spent the last 8 years building for a 3-4, I highly doubt we switch back.

It wouldn't be that hard of a switch. 

Perry/Daniels/Clark/?

Jones or Ryan/Martinez/ Matthews

Basically would need to find DE opposite of Perry. I don't think it would be as hard as people think.

3 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

It wouldn't be that hard of a switch. 

Perry/Daniels/Clark/?

Jones or Ryan/Martinez/ Matthews

Basically would need to find DE opposite of Perry. I don't think it would be as hard as people think.

Its a complete waste of Clay to put him at WLB. I wouldn't want Jake or Jones at SLB.

All this does is create more holes for no reason. Plus they switched for more Specials bodies, that's probably still a concern

2 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Its a complete waste of Clay to put him at WLB. I wouldn't want Jake or Jones at SLB.

All this does is create more holes for no reason. Plus they switched for more Specials bodies, that's probably still a concern

Just hire the best coordinator regardless of philosophy.  It will work itself out. We have a versaltile roster and can add pieces this off-season to improve fit as needed. 

Archived