2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My goal was to surround Bryce Young with as much help as I absolutely could, defense could struggle this year but that isn't as important as developing the #1 pick. Everything will be good in the long run if he is good. If he can't succeed with this group, I'd be concerned if I was the Panthers brass.

RB: Chubba Hubbard, Miles Sanders, Jaylen Wright, Tyrone Tracy Jr
WR: Adam Thielen, Diontae Johnson, Keon Coleman, Jonathon Mingo, Malachi Corley, Terrace Marshall
TE: Ja'Tavion Sanders, Tommy Tremble, Ian Thomas, Tip Reiman

Fine....but now, draft Tracy for GB 👍

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My goal was to surround Bryce Young with as much help as I absolutely could, defense could struggle this year but that isn't as important as developing the #1 pick. Everything will be good in the long run if he is good. If he can't succeed with this group, I'd be concerned if I was the Panthers brass.

RB: Chubba Hubbard, Miles Sanders, Jaylen Wright, Tyrone Tracy Jr
WR: Adam Thielen, Diontae Johnson, Keon Coleman, Jonathon Mingo, Malachi Corley, Terrace Marshall
TE: Ja'Tavion Sanders, Tommy Tremble, Ian Thomas, Tip Reiman 

Love the Keon Coleman and Jaylen Wright picks

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Panthers had two beautiful cards to turn in here that now both go into the trash. 

Instead they will select:

10-19-ssv-tracy-tyrone-cutting_orig.jpg

Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB Purdue

20230916_FB_vs_PennState_Reiman89_CH_043

Tip Reiman, TE Illinois

@vike daddy OTC

EXCELLENT CHOICES IMHO

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

He was about to go at 140 too. 

Now I have to figure out who I want with that second one.  There's three I like, but they're going in very different directions.

Jaylan Ford was the player I knew I was going to take with one of my two picks.  Great coverage linebacker, brings some ability as a blitzer, and got great size.  Doesn't have the speed to go sideline to sideline and use that coverage ability to its full extent, but if his tackling and run defense can improve, he'll be a pretty complete LB and he's better than what the Titans have opposite Murray anyway.

Tyler Davis wasn't my top choice, because I already drafted Mekhi Wingo, but he's too good to pass up with Tykee and Brownlee just out of reach.  Davis's 2022 tape was far better than his 2023 tape, but he's still a good run defender, and between him, Kamara, and Wingo, the Titans front is much, much improved.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Tyler Davis wasn't my top choice, because I already drafted Mekhi Wingo, but he's too good to pass up with Tykee and Brownlee just out of reach.  Davis's 2022 tape was far better than his 2023 tape, but he's still a good run defender, and between him, Kamara, and Wingo, the Titans front is much, much improved.

I considered Davis at my last pick. I just wasn't sure of the fit for the niners. Niners really seem to like penetrating, undersized DTs so I thought Harris ultimately just made a lot more sense for the organization itself.