2018 Packer DEFENSE Discussion

squire12

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Pipkins was kept over Gunter, and I'm starting to see why.  A little more short area burst but he looks just as strong as Gunter.  Maybe he can play in the slot with Randall?  

Well I think we can cross Rollins off the list of 2018 contributors - early season for sure - so a confident - not on my watch kinda guy would be a nice addition.

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

When do we hear rumblings of things happening inside 1265?

When someones sister's cousin sees a plane land at Austin Straubel from Chicago and a car goes to 1265

Duh !!

Just yesterday I thought I saw MM at the airport holding a sign that said FANGIO except that I didn't. Turned out to be a random fat guy with a bag of FRITOS

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

When do we hear rumblings of things happening inside 1265?

Mike got extended during the actual season, right? And we just found out. Some stuff truly doesn't get out, you think this stuff would though, IMO.

25 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Mike got extended during the actual season, right? And we just found out. Some stuff truly doesn't get out, you think this stuff would though, IMO.

Well that's totally different. It's all in house and if they wanted, all of 3 people know about it.  

Seems like there are a 100 different ways a leak can happen when bringing in guys for interviews. 

Just now, cannondale said:

Well that's totally different. It's all in house and if they wanted, all of 3 people know about it.  

Seems like there are a 100 different ways a leak can happen when bringing in guys for interviews. 

That's pretty much what I was saying cannon haha. Based on what I read about the firm they hired, I don't think they've interviewed anyone. It's been one day officially. There's a bit of time to take a breath and look closely before you run people in I think.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

That's pretty much what I was saying cannon haha. Based on what I read about the firm they hired, I don't think they've interviewed anyone. It's been one day officially. There's a bit of time to take a breath and look closely before you run people in I think.

Unless I missed something, there is no firm for the defensive coordinator search. Thats all on MM

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Well I think we can cross Rollins off the list of 2018 contributors - early season for sure - so a confident - not on my watch kinda guy would be a nice addition.

Herb Waters getting hurt still makes me sad. I was his biggest fan for no real reason lol

Interesting reading on how the turnovers for the GB defense really dropped off in the last several years.  Not just related to the decline in talent in the secondary, but overall the number of INT's per game league wide are down from 5-7 years ago.   

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2017/11/2/16593328/dom-capers-packers-defense-interceptions-numbers-offensive-trend-conservative-short-passes

NFL INTs per game

Year INTs Picks/Game
2007 534 2.09
2008 465 1.82
2009 522 2.04
2010 511 2.00
2011 506 1.98
2012 468 1.83
2013 502 1.96
2014 450 1.76
2015 436 1.70
2016 415 1.62
2017  202 1.70

***  2017 is thru 7 games per article

Interesting to see if there is any change in defensive philosophy with a new DC....less reliant on the turnover as more QB's are getting better at protecting the football league wide.

Archived