2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think they've been bouncing him all over the place. Wonder if they'll do less of that come training camp.

That’s a level headed take but I’m going with: Bust!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I never give up on a guy until at least 1 training camp practice. 

I just go by draft day vibes. If I don’t like the way your jib is cut, or your draft entourage doesn’t have at least 3 hot women and one crazy *** uncle when you take the call, I call my shot. “Another guy with two first names? Bust!”  

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

No way you keep toure over malik heath. 

I do wonder if we can successfully stash dubois on our practice squad. 

Probably, if he doesn't impress too much in preseason games. But then, I thought Taysom Hill was safe. 

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Probably, if he doesn't impress too much in preseason games. But then, I thought Taysom Hill was safe. 

Hill credibility played QB alongside his gadget ability. That and maybe some OL and DL are positions that teams covet, especially if their own room is thin. A guy would have to really stand out at WR7 for teams to take him instead of their own guys that have been through camp and know the playbook and team. We will always hope to keep our own gems while robbing another team, though. Melton and Sims come to mind as recently burgled goods. P

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Last year the Packers ended up keeping Emanuel Wilson. The reason probably was his 80 yard run against the Bengals would have created some attention around the league. 

I think you need RB3 on the roster, especially if he can contribute on ST. I remember catching some chuckles about discussing RB3 last season but that guy can become a starter in a hurry and it’s a position where a young unknown guy could make a difference if you keep churning and find a good one. This year people are discussing RB4, that should be a PS guy with some upside.

Last year if I recall, Wilson was kept over Taylor but we elevated Taylor the maximum number of games before he got claimed. We waited the required amount of time and then signed him to the 53 once Wilson and Jones were injured.

With the ridiculous buyer’s market on RBs, I hope we really churn those depth spots and strike gold or silver. Doesn’t make sense to highly pay more than one and we should always have that guy’s replacement in the chamber. 

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think you need RB3 on the roster, especially if he can contribute on ST. I remember catching some chuckles about discussing RB3 last season but that guy can become a starter in a hurry and it’s a position where a young unknown guy could make a difference if you keep churning and find a good one. This year people are discussing RB4, that should be a PS guy with some upside.

Last year if I recall, Wilson was kept over Taylor but we elevated Taylor the maximum number of games before he got claimed. We waited the required amount of time and then signed him to the 53 once Wilson and Jones were injured.

With the ridiculous buyer’s market on RBs, I hope we really churn those depth spots and strike gold or silver. Doesn’t make sense to highly pay more than one and we should always have that guy’s replacement in the chamber. 

Taylor was never claimed. 

Team seems to have 4 WR2s with Watson/Reed just a smidge above Doubs/Wicks.  Is it odd for Wicks to be getting some STs reps?  I would hope someone like Heath can fill that role.

I wonder if Bo Melton might be a sneaky trade option.  Feel like he could be a WR3 on a lot of teams.  With such a stacked top 4 Idk if it makes a ton of sense to have a WR5 who can't play much special teams.

26 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Team seems to have 4 WR2s with Watson/Reed just a smidge above Doubs/Wicks.  Is it odd for Wicks to be getting some STs reps?  I would hope someone like Heath can fill that role.

I wonder if Bo Melton might be a sneaky trade option.  Feel like he could be a WR3 on a lot of teams.  With such a stacked top 4 Idk if it makes a ton of sense to have a WR5 who can't play much special teams.

I'd keep Melton .. might be a cheaper re-sign option when Watson and Doubs are eligible for free agency.  

• Like 2