2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/zach-tom-tucker-kraft-have-big-goals-torn-pectorals-01hyf068yfrq

“Just a regular lift,” Kraft said. “It was my last rep of the day on bench. Nothing crazy, not heavy weight. We were speed-benching and it just popped right off the bone.”

“I had surgery about a month ago,” Tom said. “I was in the sling for a little bit. Now, we’re working our way back into it, doing some exercises. They said it was about an eight- to 12-week recovery from the date of surgery, so, hopefully, I should be back at least by mid-August.”

lol @ the last guy.  NFL players get paid millions not only for playing football at its highest level but also for having to answer dumbass questions and statements lol. Great answer by Jordan tho. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
Starting OL today:

Walker - Jenkins - Myers - Rhyan - Morgan

Defense:

Smith - Slaton - Wyatt - Gary
Wilson - Quay - McDuffie
Stokes - Valentine
McKinney - AJJ

Josh Jacobs gets his first team action as starting RB.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

After working back from hamstring injury, the training wheels are off. Josh Jacobs gets first reps of team period for first time this spring. They’re just in shorts, but Jacobs showed some real burst on stretch to right sideline. Looks like that hammy feels fine.

Bill Huber
@BillHuberNFL

Love to Melton for a 75-yard touchdown. Bomb with Johnson closest in coverage.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

AJ Dillon looks a bit more svelt this year. In a great way. He’s built but looks like much more lean muscle. Bit more hop in his step.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

I don’t know who was supposed to block #Packers rookie LB Edgerrin Cooper, but no one did. And when he gets downhill, it’s like being shot out of a cannon. Would’ve dropped Josh Jacobs for a 3-yard loss.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground. Pads or no pads, welcome to the NFL, rook.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Carrington Valentine all over a deep throw to Heath. Valentine ran the route better than Heath. Previous play McKinney all over Musgrave incomplete. Outside of the deep ball to Melton; defense has been sticky as hell so far.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Jordan Love had frustrating rep with Josh Jacobs open in right flat, but held it searching for play downfield. Bigger play never developed, and Love had to eat it for sack. Immediately pointed to Jacobs, “my bad.”

Those 2 using spring for what it’s meant, getting acquainted.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Replying to
@ByRyanWood
Jordan Love finds Josh Jacobs open over the middle. This time, Jacobs doesn’t turn his head around in time. Jacobs immediately raises his hand, “my bad.”

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Jordan Love just dropped a dime deep middle to Dontayvion Wicks…dropped. Wicks running a step open on Eric Stokes, and Love didn’t miss. Hit his WR in stride, but Wicks couldn’t hang on.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Second kicking period:

Carlson good from 41 and wide left from 45.

Podlesny good from 43 and 46.

Joseph good from 42 and 44.

In total, 11/12. Carlson with the only miss.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Two minute drills coming up!!!

1:20 left. Ball on 25. 0 timeouts. Tie game. Number 2’s up first. 1st & 10.

Clifford deep for Heath. Incomplete. Ballentine with great coverage.

Bullard in coverage in the slot on Sims. Fantastic coverage & pbu. I think the ruled it a sack

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

Looked like Javon Bullard had two PBUs, though one should’ve been an INT on a deep ball that bounced off his face.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

1’s up next. Down 3. 1:20. 1 timeout. 1st and 10. Ball on 25.

First down - throw away out of bounds.

Love to Wicks. 10 yards and oob. Valentine in coverage. First down.

Love to Musgrave over the middle for 9. Clock ticks.

Love to Wicks on a slant for about 8. Clock ticks.

Love to Melton for 10 over the middle. Timeout. First down. 34 seconds left. Ball on opposing 36.

Incomplete along the sidelines to Watson. Stokes with great coverage.

28 seconds left. 2nd down. Brenton Cox sack!!!!

Spike.

Fg attempt coming up on 4th down from 39. 57 yard attempt for Podlesney. Had the leg but WIDE left.

Carlson gets a shot as well from 57. Drills it!

Joesph gets a shot - drills it as well.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Joseph from 54 - good.

Podlesney from 54 - good

Carlson from 54 - good

Great overall days from the kickers.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman

After two-minute drill for the 3s, Joseph, Podlesny and Carlson all hit from 54.

Then they make all three kick from 53 with team huddling around them spraying water and going nuts.

Only Carlson hits and he gets mobbed. Practice over.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
Starting OL today:

Walker - Jenkins - Myers - Rhyan - Morgan

Defense:

Smith - Slaton - Wyatt - Gary
Wilson - Quay - McDuffie
Stokes - Valentine
McKinney - AJJ

Josh Jacobs gets his first team action as starting RB.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground. Pads or no pads, welcome to the NFL, rook.

Nice to see Morgan getting reps with the first team. Wish it wasn't because Tom is working his way back. 

+++

Defensive rookies not starting today.  Not unusual this early in camp. 

+++

Kinda knew Gary was going to give Morgan all sorts of problems. Still, nothing is lamer than getting a kill shot cause you're going 90% and he's going 65%. I'm not saying that's what happened, just that that's often the case. 

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

How many times are we going to hear that this year... :)

None, because we don't play against our offense. Also because Johnson will be on the bench and Barry is not our DC any longer. 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Considering they drafted 3 safeties, I"m not sure AJJ is guaranteed a roster spot.

Think that's got more to do with kickoff rules and the 3/4 of the players who started a game the previous year exiting and our LB room being real light than AJJ. I'd be pretty surprised if he's cut, need bodies for kickoffs.

• Like 1