2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

24 minutes ago, craig said:

I listened to the collection of interviews from the new class.  Sound like a bunch of mostly likable and energetic guys.  Morgan was kinda soft-spoken, low-energy interview, but that's kinda just his look, eyes are just built with a sleepy look.  Bullard very articulate and confident, seems to have obvious leadership qualities.  King was a good speaker.  Hopkins spoke well, carried himself well.  Hopkins, Williams and Kitan all seemed sharp and articulate.  Hopkins and Williams came across as serious and on-task.  Glover comes across as a goof.   Cooper was a nice, happy interview, seemed like a kinda fun-loving guy and seemed pretty poised.  Half of his questions were about hunting and fishing and dogs and stuff, not that many football questions.  

Who is this Hopkins you keep speaking of?

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Packers have not had a DC that used players to their strengths vs pigeon hole them in their scheme for a long time. Hyde, Josh Jackson, Savage, Aaron Rouse, Josh Jones, they all were good enough at their niche to play. Just been a disconnect for a long time between FO and DC about the secondary. Hopefully that is past us.

While I don't necessarily disagree that the coaching staff needs to do a better job of utilizing those players in ways they can succeed, other than Micah Hyde how many of those CBs went onto have success with other teams?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

i was at a conference this week where 1 of the presenters was a researcher working with some P5 conference teams/schools on a hamstring injury study.  Some of the funding is from the NFL/NFLPA.

Will be interesting to see how Watson and some others do with their recurrent issues moving forward.  For those that care, resolving hamstring strains is not about doing more yoga

Can't remember where I saw it, but Christian was talking about how the people he was working with wanted him to strengthen his back to help prevent hammy issues.

I don't know anything about sports physiology though so I could probably be convinced of anything lol

38 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Can't remember where I saw it, but Christian was talking about how the people he was working with wanted him to strengthen his back to help prevent hammy issues.

I don't know anything about sports physiology though so I could probably be convinced of anything lol

could be a lot of things.  Kinetic chain and a weakness/restriction just about anywhere can lead to the hamstring doing compensation work and leading to strains

• ankle stiffness could lead to the upper leg has to get more movement from somewhere
  • knee stiffness/weakness of quads could lead to the hamstrings getting overworked
  • Gluteal/ lower back weakness as you noted 
  • neural tension anywhere in the system can lead to poor firing timing, coordination, sequencing

this list can go on and on.  those were some of the bigger areas that seemed to be coming out in the preliminary research

• Like 2

Just now, packfanfb said:

Looks like 3 new signings. Means 3 guys gotta go.

Two WRs, so going to guess they liked them better than Pitts. Georgia kicker is probably done too. Toure could get a courtesy cut too in order to catch somewhere before camp. Otherwise one of the end of season street FAs is probably gone.

39 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Dimitri Stanley wasnt good enough for prime?

or looks like he transferred the year before?

Former Packer WR Walter Stanley's kid.