2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If you want to bump Myers from Centre I don't fancy do it with Jenkins. That would make Jenkins the highest paid Centre in the League. Stick Tom at Centre put Morgan at RG. Moving Jenkins means the whole of the interior line is different from last year.

Personally I like Myers in the sense he'll be cheap to re-sign next year. He should get better with age and building a rapport with Love.

Morgan should be fighting for either RG or RT with a Tom move.

You mean cheap like Runyan who signed 3- years for 30 million? I think Myers is a better player than Runyan. 

Myers future will be tied to someone else on the roster being good enough to replace him. Will they have confidence in Jacob Monk to step in next year to allow Myers to leave?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You mean cheap like Runyan who signed 3- years for 30 million? I think Myers is a better player than Runyan. 

Different positions different values. Top Centres AAV is around $13m, 3 year 30 would put Myers at top 5 or 6 money for the position. Guards are almost as getting paid as much as tackles these days.

Myers I expect should sign for 3 year 15m, similar to what Bradbury got last year with the Vikess, which put him at 15th best AAV.

I would take that deal for Myers. I think Centres age well with time and Myers will get better.

19 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Here's what I think our starting OLine will look like in 2024.  Should be a fun battle in camp. 

LT Rasheed Walker 

LG Jordan Morgan 

C Elgton Jenkins

RG Sean Rhyan 

RT Zach Tom

I think Myers gets bumped out of the starting center role, but may get a chance to battle Rhyan for the staring RG spot.  I don't think the Packers will want to re-sign Myers long term after 2024, and that prompts the Packers to supplant him at center with a better long term option in Jenkins.  Jenkins is signed thru 2026.  I think rookie 1st rounder, Jordan Morgan, ends up at LG.  I think he will show himself to be one of the five best during camp and that might be his best spot for now.  If Myers locks down Center then Morgan becomes the main competition at RG for Rhyan. 

"Best 5" 

"Rhyan over Myers"

Please pick one.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

"Best 5"    "Rhyan over Myers".  Please pick one.

1.  Just to play, I'll vote Myers.  But unless there are four other guys better, the question may be irrelevant?

2.  To me, the larger question is whether Morgan is good enough to crack "Best 5".   If so, and all healthy, then somebody from the Walker-Myers-Rhyan group falls off of Best 5.  

3.  I'm going to be boring and just predict the returning 5:  Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom.  

We'd all love for Jordan to be very good, immediately.  And as a first-round pick with lots of years of experience in a power conference, you'd kinda think he ought to transition quickly and be kinda ready-now.  (He's not like the Bucks picks who are 19, skinny, and have very little experience.).  So yeah, I get the "1st-rounder-**SHOULD**-be-good-enough-to-start" logic.  But not all 1st rounders actually are good, some not ever; and not all that become solid players were good starters Game 1.  

My guess is that Morgan might not be that great; at least not right away; and at least not right away at different positions.  So I think they'll kinda roll with status quo., at least at the beginning, where the tenured starters will start, and Morgan will be given time to watch and practice (including at guard positions) and wait for his window of opportunity to open. 

Jenkins, Sherrod, Bulaga, none of those guys started initially, they all worked and waited until injuries opened their windows of opportunity.  I'm guessing the same for Morgan.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Myers is one of the best 5 they need an upgrade.  He's adequate at best

Not too many teams in the league that don't need an upgrade at least one position. I think Myers is better than adequate. 

Our offensive line was not too shabby last year. We lost Runyan, who split time with Rhyan. I think we're going to be just fine. Depth, for sure is a concern, but look around the NFL and tell me a team that doesn't have issues with O-line depth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Myers is the weakest link, the line is in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the NFL. Traditionally, Green Bay  keeps re-loading on the line regularly............and it shows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It’s not just best 5 though. If Morgan were to beat out Walker and Tom was also better what happens if Walker is better than Myers? Does he move to center? Some guys are better and in the “top 5” but only at their current position. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

It’s not just best 5 though. If Morgan were to beat out Walker and Tom was also better what happens if Walker is better than Myers? Does he move to center? Some guys are better and in the “top 5” but only at their current position. 

OL play is more than just best individual 5, but best collective 5 as a unit.

• Like 2

I think, unless Morgan vastly out performs Walker in TC/Preseason or injuries occur, that he's going to back up Walker at LT and possibly Jenkins at LG and just take as much of the year as he can to build up his body for the rigors of an NFL Season and also learn in the classroom. Ideally, he gets a full year to just learn and maybe bulk up and come into '25 significantly more polished and potentially ready to step in(you'd think you don't need to polish an OL's mind, but blocking can be horrifically complex, sometimes even more so than the skill positions).

If anyone's going to openly unseat Myers, it'll be Monk. Jenkins or Tom won't step into that role unless Myers gets injured and Monk needs too much more development to be useful in the immediate short term. One new guy is better than one new guy plus one vet in the different position as far as unit chemistry goes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

OL play is more than just best individual 5, but best collective 5 as a unit.

You also have to take into account position changes to get those, "best five," on the field. You are moving two people from their current position to accomplish this. That very likely makes both of them less effective. 

I still don't understand all the animus around here for Josh Myers. Not you specifically, but he's not as bad as everyone tries to make him out to be. 

People downgrade him because we passed on Creed Humphry and selected him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

People downgrade him because we passed on Creed Humphry and selected him. 

While that is part of the answer, I'd also say that Myers overall ability is that of a good starting-calibre player, but he has made just a few more mistakes than you like.