2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

1 hour ago, Chili said:

What's annoying is that the Lions lost Badgley for the season on the 26th of July and proceeded to pick up Jake Bates who by all accounts is kicking very well in camp.

Why can't we spot a good kicker?

Bates selected DET over several other teams that showed interest.  Including GB.  This occurred before the injury to Badgley.

Are we sure Bates qualifies as a good K?  He was 17 for 22 (77.3%) in the UFL season, then 4 of 6 in the playoffs.

From Sporting News, earlier today

The Detroit Lions have given kicker Jake Bates every opportunity to wrap up the job after not bringing anyone in following the season-ending injury to Michael Badgley, but on Saturday he showed the team needs another option in some form of fashion.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

When asked whether theres a possibility for there to be a rotation at RG MLF said "I like where youre going" sooooo probably gonna see Rhyan and Morgan getting some snaps.

Makes sense to get Morgan some reps. 

20 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Again, start with the basics. If they are roughly equal from 45+ in terms of reliability, I'm taking the guy who's at least more reliable on the "gimme" kicks. Joseph has missed 1 FG in his career from 30-39. Carlson just missed a 32-yard FG, something that's not even surprising given that he missed 5 XPs last year. 

You can reasonably trust Joseph up to 40 yards. You can't trust Carlson from any distance right now. 

0-39 Yards:
Carlson: 20-20 (100%)
Joseph: 61-62 (98.4%)

0-49 Yards
Carlson: 24-28 (85.7%)
Joseph: 83-92 (90.2%)

XP:
Carlson: 34-39 (87.2%)
Joseph: 146-162 (90.1%)

Joseph might be marginally better, but I don't[ think either is a clearly better than the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

When are we expected to be making mass cuts?

Some teams will start announcing cut today, the Packers will make everyone wait until after the deadline on Tuesday before a complete list is released.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

0-39 Yards:
Carlson: 20-20 (100%)
Joseph: 61-62 (98.4%)

0-49 Yards
Carlson: 24-28 (85.7%)
Joseph: 83-92 (90.2%)

XP:
Carlson: 34-39 (87.2%)
Joseph: 146-162 (90.1%)

Joseph might be marginally better, but I don't[ think either is a clearly better than the other.

It seems Joseph chokes badly in win or lose situations. The one in the playoffs was about as bad as it gets. 

Give me the younger guy. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2