Who deserves more blame Hue or Kizer?

brownie man

Who deserves more blame???  

19 members have voted

1. 1. More blame

• Hue
    • Kizer

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'll boil it down like this......Sunday we had the ball punted and downed inside or 6 yard line 4 times yesterday. The first time time we ran the ball and the offense procuded a 95 yard TD drive....the three following times we went shotgun and passed. We went 3 and out, 3 and out, and sack/fumble/TD.......This is the clearest indication that this kid is being set up to completely fall face first on his ***. Hue made bad calls...period...point blank.

I am going to watch the game this weekend.....if we do not get the win, over the bears, I will be 100% convinced that Hue Jackson cannot beat an NFL level coach unless he has Overwhelming Veteran talent and depth advantage over the team he's coaching against....

And everyone know's in here I am one of the Biggest Hue Jackson supporters........but what I saw Sunday, was a man who will not adjust his system to fit his talent....and REFUSES to do anything different than continue to try and pound square pegs into round holes.....AND getting pissed off as to why they wont fit....

He completely lost me in the Jaguar game. Poor weather conditions going against the #1 pass defense. We knew it would be a low scoring game and the plan obviously should have been run heavy, probably for any offense. We ran with our RBs 13 times (only 28 yards) Kizer ran or passed 42 times resulting in 4 turnovers. We may not have won with a run heavy offense but 16 of their 19 points came off of Kizer turnovers (covering 64 total yards) so there was a real chance that we could have.

3 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'll boil it down like this......Sunday we had the ball punted and downed inside or 6 yard line 4 times yesterday. The first time time we ran the ball and the offense procuded a 95 yard TD drive....the three following times we went shotgun and passed. We went 3 and out, 3 and out, and sack/fumble/TD.......This is the clearest indication that this kid is being set up to completely fall face first on his ***. Hue made bad calls...period...point blank.

I am going to watch the game this weekend.....if we do not get the win, over the bears, I will be 100% convinced that Hue Jackson cannot beat an NFL level coach unless he has Overwhelming Veteran talent and depth advantage over the team he's coaching against....

And everyone know's in here I am one of the Biggest Hue Jackson supporters........but what I saw Sunday, was a man who will not adjust his system to fit his talent....and REFUSES to do anything different than continue to try and pound square pegs into round holes.....AND getting pissed off as to why they wont fit....

Yep. I REALLY wanted it to work out with him. 

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I really thought Hue was going to be the right coach for Kizer

turned out he was the worst coach for Kizer 

Really?

Kizer is terribly inaccurate. His pocket presence has been meh. While he has an arm, he doesn't know how to use it. Often times when he throws downfield he seems so amped up about it that he ends up overthrowing the ball. He can't read a defense. He hasn't shown he can progress through targets, or look off intended targets to trick defenses. 

Is coaching part of this? It absolutely is. But at some point, it's got to be on the player on the field to make those adjustments, and to learn from their own development how to change those things. I was an athlete a long time ago, and when I wanted to improve myself at something, I would video tape myself at practice, and I'd watch my mechanics, my speed, my footwork, etc. Then I'd go back out and do it again and see how I improved. Coaches helped give me feedback and were there to align practices and support, but it was up to me to make the changes necessary to improve. 

We want to blame Hue for Kizer, but what has Kizer actually improved at that shows he has any potential at all to be a starting QB in the NFL? 

Kizer has the same EXACT flaws that he had as a prospect coming into the 2017 draft. All of a sudden because he doesn't show he can't improve from his issues as a college QB it's on the coaching? Was Braylon Edwards drops issues that he had as a college player a coaching problem as a pro? 

Game management is Hue's fault. Abandoning the run is Hue's fault. Bad challenges and usage of timeouts is Hue's fault. He hasn't shown that he is a good HEAD football coach, no doubt about it. But bad QB play has cost us more than his coaching has. If we had a legit QB we win a minimum of 7 games this year. If we had a better HC with the same QB we win maybe 2-3 games. Maybe. 

9 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Game management is Hue's fault. Abandoning the run is Hue's fault. Bad challenges and usage of timeouts is Hue's fault. He hasn't shown that he is a good HEAD football coach, no doubt about it. But bad QB play has cost us more than his coaching has. If we had a legit QB we win a minimum of 7 games this year. If we had a better HC with the same QB we win maybe 2-3 games. Maybe. 

Agree. 

Except that if we had a better HC Kizer wouldn't have been starting we still would have won 5-7.

Do we blame our 2nd year coach coming off a 1-15 season or do we blame the youngest QB in the NFL who 99.99999999% of anyone who has ever heard of football knew shouldn't start??

Weird question.  I mean, is this a serious question? 

Honestly, if you think Kizer is more at fault you need to get checked into the mental ward.  Like now.

Lemme give you an analogy.  If you the Browns were to sign my sister to play QB and trot her out there and lose every game 100-0, who is more to blame, the coach or my sister?  This question isn't that different than the one posed.

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

Just brownie's attempt to save face after pimping Kizer. 

I'll give him a pass. We've all been there. Goodness knows when it came to promoting/defending Derek Anderson (don't you DARE call him Anderception around me), this was me:

Im-Your-Number-One-Fan-Reaction-Gif-In-T

Honestly @brownie man, here's my advice to you: DecimalMediumLadybird-max-1mb.gif

19 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I really thought Hue was going to be the right coach for Kizer

turned out he was the worst coach for Kizer 

While I was never on Team Kizer (and perhaps no one else ever has been quite like you), I’m in agreement here at least. Hue has been a detriment to any rookie QB that would be back there in his play selection. Doesn’t exonerate Kizer with his terrible, constant questionable red zone picks, etc, but the man has to go.

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Doesn’t exonerate Kizer with his terrible, constant questionable red zone picks, etc, but the man has to go.

It does for me.

If the kid is having trouble making the correct reads with a compressed field, give him easier reads and make his job easier, run the ball, etc.

Hue continues to have Kizer sling it with minimal weapons, continually setting him up for failure and seeming incredulous when he fails.

Hue simply fails to adjust to ANYTHING.

11 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Do we blame our 2nd year coach coming off a 1-15 season or do we blame the youngest QB in the NFL who 99.99999999% of anyone who has ever heard of football knew shouldn't start??

Weird question.  I mean, is this a serious question? 

Honestly, if you think Kizer is more at fault you need to get checked into the mental ward.  Like now.

Lemme give you an analogy.  If you the Browns were to sign my sister to play QB and trot her out there and lose every game 100-0, who is more to blame, the coach or my sister?  This question isn't that different than the one posed.

This is absurd. Regardless of age, or experience, or ability, our QB has accounted for 25 turnovers this season. More redzone turnovers than any other team. Turnovers inside our own redzone. His decision making as a QB have taken so many points off the board, and directly have cost us games. So we blame the coach because the QB isn't accurate? Because the QB doesn't see the open man on the sideline and opts to throw into triple coverage and throws a pick? We were really going to sit Kizer for Kessler or Hogan? Osweiler? I get preseason isn't everything, but my God brock looked like trash, Cody regressed, and Kizer actually looked capable of running an offense. 

Kizer's play ON THE FIELD has cost us more wins than Hue's coaching has. Period. Does that mean I think Hue is a good coach? Hell no. He has been lousy if you ask me. But his lousy coaching has been spotlighted by terrible QB play. If we had a good QB, this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

I can agree that Kizer has cost us some games.  I also understand that Hue makes the play calls.  Hue knows that Kizer is inept but still trots him out there game in and game out. I know Kessler is garbage too, but Kizers INTs are literally killing the team.  Don't put him in the situation, run the ball, play Hogan, put Duke as QB and run options with Crowell.  IDK.  It's up to the coach to find a way to win.  His game plans have been disastrous.  Not just him, our defensive scheme makes me want to puke.  I would rather give away a big play or two over the top (it happens almost every game anyway), than let the opposing offense dink and dunk all the way down the field. It's asinine to think there is any competence on our coaching staff at this point. 

If Hue stays, he needs to hire an OC.  That will at least give him time to address the media and have someone else do a logical game plan.  Also, there has been 0 positive in game adjustments.  Offense and Defense.  I hate the 10 on 11 ball that our defense plays.  I hate that when the offense is doing well running they decide it's time to throw every down.  I hate how predictable the play calling is on offense.  I hate that our special teams is complete and total garbage. I hate that they bring back that dumbass special teams coordinator every year.  If they fire Tabor I will help him pack his garbage.  I hate that our owner seems like a moron.  I hate that I love this team. 

Ultimately, this is my fault.  Not Hue's or Kizer's.  I chose to like this absurd team (actually my dad's fault, but he gets a pass). 

Archived