2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)

Forge

LoL, it's so funny that we had both Shanny and Harbaugh, two opposites:

Listening to Chargers fan whining and crying about weapons is a hilarious parallel to Niner fans going crazy about Oline.  Alt was a no brainer imo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

LoL, it's so funny that we had both Shanny and Harbaugh, two opposites:

Listening to Chargers fan whining and crying about weapons is a hilarious parallel to Niner fans going crazy about Oline.  Alt was a no brainer imo. 

Hey Chargers you want Deebo? Doesn’t have to move too far

I think Deebo is going AFC anyways. Buff/NE/LAC/LV? 

20 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Hey Chargers you want Deebo? Doesn’t have to move too far

I think Deebo is going AFC anyways. Buff/NE/LAC/LV? 

I actually think Deebo gets moved next year.  Niners are going to go for it all this year with a stacked roster of weapons that no team can account for.    

Edited by WhyAmIHere

51 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I actually think Deebo gets moved next year.  Niners are going to go for it all this year with a stacked roster of weapons that no team can account for.    

Sure they can. They just line up their best pass rusher against our RG. 

Its our super bowl kyptonite 

• Like 3

If they move Deebo today, I'd expect a 4th round pick, or Deebo + 4th for a third type of deal. 

I have no idea if that is enough for the 49ers though. But i don't think the market is going to be substantially stronger than that. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they move Deebo today, I'd expect a 4th round pick, or Deebo + 4th for a third type of deal. 

I have no idea if that is enough for the 49ers though. But i don't think the market is going to be substantially stronger than that. 

Idk man, I think in a vacuum he’s worth what you’re saying, but once the plug and play receivers are gone, there will be some teams in dire need of a good wideout. It also seems like sf will take a majority of his contract with the hit..and deebo has a good on the field rep…I think he can go for a second. 

Just now, John232 said:

Idk man, I think in a vacuum he’s worth what you’re saying, but once the plug and play receivers are gone, there will be some teams in dire need of a good wideout. It also seems like sf will take a majority of his contract with the hit..and deebo has a good on the field rep…I think he can go for a second. 

I also misread your post

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

Isn't it basically 2 years 40 mil moving to the other team?

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

The plug and play receivers to some degree will likely go into the third round. I could see a second if we give up our third. Deebo + 94  to Buffalo for 60?  But the 49ers are kind of on a ticking clock there as well. 

But we've seen what vet receivers go for. Diggs got a future second. Keenan allen a 4th. Amari Cooper a 5th. Brandin Cooks got a 5th and 6th last year. 

Hill and Adams got theirs, but arguably the two best receivers in the league at the time they were dealt. Definitely on the short list. If you're young and on your first contract or getting your second one, you can get a solid return. If you're older and already a few years into your second contract, your value just seems like its so small. Seems like it decreases substantially unless you're the top of the top

But we will see. Diggs did manage a second, even if it is a year away. 

• Like 2

The San Francisco 49ers are going to listen to offers for Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk, but they’re not married to the idea of trading either of them. Selecting Florida receiver Ricky Pearsall, though, does give them a little more flexibility.

At a baseline, taking Pearsall with the 31st pick is a play for 2025. The team has Aiyuk and Jauan Jennings going into contract years, with Samuel signed through ’26. One way or the other, all three won’t be around a year from now, so getting top-end talent in the pipeline now makes sense for a team that doesn’t have many immediate needs.

The 49ers did look at the idea of trading back five or 10 spots for Pearsall. But chose not to due to the tackle supply running thin, a number of receiver-needy teams right behind them (Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers and Washington Commanders could take one, too) and Xavier Worthy getting picked by the Kansas City Chiefs in front of them. Second, there was the benefit of getting the fifth-year option on Pearsall.

On the second point, you’d normally associate that concept with quarterbacks, but the events of the past week helped tip the scale here, with Amon-Ra St. Brown getting $28 million per year and A.J. Brown getting $32 million per, and Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase megadeals coming down the pike (eventually). Having the option helps the 49ers with Aiyuk (a late first-rounder in 2020), and lacking it hurts with Samuel (a high second-rounder in ’19), so there’s another reason for San Francisco to want it with Pearsall.

With Brock Purdy on his rookie contract, the Niners could easily keep everyone. But they could also move someone, and it could be Samuel, who might be more tradeable with the terms left on his contract, with a plan to keep Aiyuk, who’s viewed as the team’s best pure receiver. Either way, having Pearsall, who drew some comparisons to Adam Thielen with the team, gives San Francisco options.

Something I thought was interesting when listening to the Kyle/ John interview on KNBR was when asked about how few defensive player were selected in the first Kyle responded (I'm paraphrasing) "All the defensive player we thought were going to go ended up going"

Gives a little insight into their evaluations of DeJean and Newton.

• Like 4

• GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic