2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)

Forge

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Vaki going day 2 would be a surprise 

Thought the same thing about Mapu last year, tbh. 49ers had heavy interest, I thought for sure they were going to draft him on day 3, and then the Pats took him in the third round lol 

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

In most mocks i did i ended up with Haynes so wouldn't suprise me if we do.

Wouldn't be a bad pick imo...

Throw him in to the mix with Burford and Feliciano and see who comes out on top.

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I don’t know anything, is there anyone who can replace Colton mcivitz? He’s trash. Feliciano I think showed he can be average as a guard. 

I like Blake Fisher to replace Mcivitz.

I think he came in on a visit too.

Edited by DTMW78
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Status quo

Eh, unless the value of the picks equals a mid-first round pick, I don't see it. Maybe the Commanders trade us both second-round picks.

Edited by 49erurtaza

The 49ers did look at the idea of trading back five or 10 spots for Pearsall. But chose not to due to the tackle supply running thin, a number of receiver-needy teams right behind them (Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers and Washington Commanders could take one, too) and Xavier Worthy getting picked by the Kansas City Chiefs in front of them. Second, there was the benefit of getting the fifth-year option on Pearsall.

On the second point, you’d normally associate that concept with quarterbacks, but the events of the past week helped tip the scale here, with Amon-Ra St. Brown getting $28 million per year and A.J. Brown getting $32 million per, and Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase megadeals coming down the pike (eventually). Having the option helps the 49ers with Aiyuk (a late first-rounder in 2020), and lacking it hurts with Samuel (a high second-rounder in ’19), so there’s another reason for San Francisco to want it with Pearsall.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/26/2024-nfl-draft-49ers-trade-offers-vikings-giants-trade-proposals

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Vaki going day 2 would be a surprise 

2nd or 3rd round?! Ok, come on Niners, we have more pressing needs than a S/RB. 

I have to imagine that a OL prospect, DLine, or a true corner will be there. 

• GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic