2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)

Forge

Just now, Geek said:

What are the dream scenario pick for you guys tonight?

I'm going Rosengarten and Jarvis Brownlee

Oh man, I have brownlee as like a round 4-5 guy. 

I am fine with Rosengarten here, though for immediacy, I think Blake Fisher could make more sense because I think he could be a banger of a guard in year one. But he has absolutely 0 chance to be a left tackle in the future, and I think you can see Rosengarten get there at some point maybe. So that's pick your poison thing. 

Max Melton is a guy that I'd really like. Michael Hall would be high on my list as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I am fine with Rosengarten here, though for immediacy, I think Blake Fisher could make more sense because I think he could be a banger of a guard in year one. But he has absolutely 0 chance to be a left tackle in the future, and I think you can see Rosengarten get there at some point maybe. So that's pick your poison thing. 

Max Melton is a guy that I'd really like. Michael Hall would be high on my list as well. 

Still getting Newton after a Pats trade plus Rosengarten later in the second is my pie in the sky hope lololol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Melton is an interesting one as well.

Brownlee in the 4th is a solid option. 

Khyree Jackson has some untapped potential and he kind of fits what we like at CB. Look at him at #63. 

Cam Hart has been one my favorites for a while and he's an older prospect that fits what this team is looking for. Belichick said the Niners love taking seniors...which makes the Lance pick a HUGE anomaly...or maybe that pick is why they like more proven and experienced players lol. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

we're willing to trade Deebo for a high 2nd and are still not done at WR. I could believe that as well.

This is what I'm hoping for.

I said after the SB, the roster needed a reset in some shape, form or fashion.

If we're starting with the WR room, so be it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Brownlee is a draft crush of mine but I have him as a 4th too. But since that third is pretty much a 4th I don't really care.

I forgot about Michael Hall, he'd be a solid pickup but I really want to address the tackle position as soon as possible.

I don't think there's a huge immidate need at Guard so I'm fine with more of a pure tackle prospect. We do need to shore up the depth and find a successor for Feliciano though. Basically I wouldn't mind a guard either but I'd rather we're not trying to get someone who is kinda in between without excelling at either. Honestly I think center is a more pressing need but idk how Kyle feels about starting a rookie there.

Edited by Geek

I think reality is setting in on these tackles and there are only three more left who are worth a crap. Paul (meh), Kingsley (meh, but I'm ok with it), and Roger.  I think the Niners are going to do whatever they can to get one. 

It's simply an absolutely premium position and none of them will likely last until round 3, even though most are graded as such. 

Dont know why the tweet won’t show, but it basically states, Niners were identifying who is leaking info by telling ppl that the pick was Cooper when in reality their pick of course was Pearsall and only a select few knew. 

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

there was something bigger here for sure because I was watching the pff feed and when they got the pick, they were also told it was Cooper. They went like 90 seconds talking about Cooper before they found out it was Pearsall 

I dunno know if they were trying to find leaks, but there was definitely a hiccup

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Dang, I was hoping that we were done with this crap when Baalke left town, but it does make sense that Silver had a source with as much as he's been on top of our stuff the last couple of years. Hopefully whoever that was is out on his *** now. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol I just listened to the bit from shanny about taking an RB in the third. 

That's the most comfortable and personable I've ever seen him

He even stated, we’ll take a Rb in the third and then another one in the sixth round and he’ll outshine our guy from the third. Lol love it! 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol I just listened to the bit from shanny about taking an RB in the third. 

That's the most comfortable and personable I've ever seen him

Trey Benson confirmed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Trey Benson confirmed. 

In all seriousness, he'll probably be long gone, but I wouldn't mind Benson tbh lol. A guy like your dude Jaylen Wright might be around at that point though. 

• Like 1

• GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic