2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Called off work today and tomorrow for this ****. Don't make me regret it Howard.

I don't think it can get worse than the 2020 draft. That was a living nightmare that lasted three whole days. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't think it can get worse than the 2020 draft. That was a living nightmare that lasted three whole days. 

2019 was also boring cause we only had 5 selections.

1 Andre Dillard 22 T 2023 0 0 0 11 59 0 0 0 0 0     0     0     Washington St.
2019 2 Miles Sanders 53 RB 2023 0 1 4 31 73 0 0 0 0 0 868 4140 21 151 1096 3     Penn St.
2019 2 JJ Arcega-Whiteside 57 WR 2021 0 0 0 2 40 0 0 0 0 0     0 16 290 1     Stanford
2019 4 Shareef Miller 138 DE 2019 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0     0     0     Penn St.
2019 5 Clayton Thorson

Both those drafts almost lost Howie his job or at least got his seat somewhat warm.... at least in the eyes of the public/media.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

2019 was also boring cause we only had 5 selections.

1 Andre Dillard 22 T 2023 0 0 0 11 59 0 0 0 0 0     0     0     Washington St.
2019 2 Miles Sanders 53 RB 2023 0 1 4 31 73 0 0 0 0 0 868 4140 21 151 1096 3     Penn St.
2019 2 JJ Arcega-Whiteside 57 WR 2021 0 0 0 2 40 0 0 0 0 0     0 16 290 1     Stanford
2019 4 Shareef Miller 138 DE 2019 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0     0     0     Penn St.
2019 5 Clayton Thorson

Both those drafts almost lost Howie his job or at least got his seat somewhat warm.... at least in the eyes of the public/media.

Yes it was boring but it wasn't disastrous picks at the time. 

2020 had us the only time Howie being gun shy about trading up for Lamb because they wanted a 2nd. We end up with Reagor

Draft a back up QB with said 2nd round

Draft a LB with 0 production the next pick. 

That draft had me surprised that people in this forum were better than our FO at this. Made me question why I bother following the draft. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

2020 had us the only time Howie being gun shy about trading up for Lamb because they wanted a 2nd. We end up with Reagor

I wanted Reagor that year though cause of what I thought was a better fit... lol.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Draft a back up QB with said 2nd round

I was shocked, but didn't really trust Wentz with staying healthy, so I understood it to some extent and Brett Kollmann had him pegged as a 1st rounder which made me feel a little bit more at ease.

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Draft a LB with 0 production the next pick. 

Oh yeah there was no excuse for this one. They just jumped the gun based on his athletic testing.

I wanted Terrell Burgess who went with the very next pick, but he didn't amount to much of anything either I'm pretty sure, so.... *shrug*

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wanted Reagor that year though cause of what I thought was a better fit... lol.

I was shocked, but didn't really trust Wentz with staying healthy, so I understood it to some extent and Brett Kollmann had him pegged as a 1st rounder which made me feel a little bit more at ease.

Oh yeah there was no excuse for this one. They just jumped the gun based on his athletic testing.

I wanted Terrell Burgess who went with the very next pick, but he didn't amount to much of anything either I'm pretty sure, so.... *shrug*

Better fit than Lamb? I Reagor because I thought he'd be the best option available. The moment we were too scared to do it and let him fall to Dallas I stopped caring about him and saw the pick as a failure at that moment.

Nobody trusted Wentz to stay healthy either, but to use a 2nd round pick that we were so reluctant to part  with on a back up QB was inexcusable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Nobody trusted Wentz to stay healthy either, but to use a 2nd round pick that we were so reluctant to part  with on a back up QB was inexcusable. 

I trusted Wentz. 🤷‍♂️ Was furious with the Hurts pick. Hindsight being what it is, that 2nd rd inexcusable pick was the right one was it not Joe?

Despite how you feel about Hurts?

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I trusted Wentz. 🤷‍♂️ Was furious with the Hurts pick. Hindsight being what it is, that 2nd rd inexcusable pick was the right one was it not Joe?

Still a wait and see with Hurts for me tbh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Still a wait and see with Hurts for me tbh

Man helped take us to a SB and have one of the greatest SB performances in its history. 

Not his fault JB was called for a BS holding or get any 3rd down stop on that last drive. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Man helped take us to a SB and have one of the greatest SB performances in its history. 

Not his fault JB was called for a BS holding.

He did but he also had one of the worst turnovers in superbowl history.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You know I'm no Hurts hater, but can't say for sure because Lamb is elite and given we thought we had a franchise QB with Wentz and his second contract, we have yet to see if Hurts finally gives us that long term stability. That draft was a big reason our team went from contending to full rebuild, the only reason Howie didn't go too is because he has Stephen Jones level of power/job security.

Can't help but think what would have been if the FO didn't make so many mistakes in the draft and give Wentz this level of WRs. We love our current WRs but they are the culmination of colossal failures at the position AJ Brown being JJAW(2nd)+Reagor(1st)+1st+3rd+ a large contract and Smitty the result of that atrocious 2020 season. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not his fault JB was called for a BS holding or get any 3rd down stop on that last drive. 

I would say yes too, but we had an actual SB winning QB and he didn't become the QB of the future. So I won't fall for that again until we have more proof. We are going into a season with another major change at OC with more responsibility to Hurts. Still major question marks, that's a fact.  

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

(JJAW(2nd)+Reagor(1st)+1st+3rd+ a large contract) and Smitty the result of that attrocious 2020 season. 

The mistake was taking Reagor over Jefferson.  Not that we didn't trade up for Lamb.

2020: Draft Lamb, No 2nd, Without a doubt not drafting Smitty in 2021. Who knows in 2022?

2020: Draft Reagor,  Draft Hurts, Draft Smitty in 2021. Trade for AJ in 2022.

The problem with the hindsight game is the butterfly effect. Who knows what Lamb or JJ does for the Mentally Fragile Carson Wentz?

Did it help? Or does he still crack under the Nick Foles SB pressure? Do we trade for AJ two years later?

I'm ecstatic about where we ended up actually.  Only singular downside is not winning that 2022 SB. Which was easily attainable. 

31 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Better fit than Lamb?

Nah... Jefferson cause of the slot only stuff (he did play some outside the year before he came out in the draft I believe) and us having Ertz play there most of the time which was obviously short sided. I had Jeudy, Reagor, and Jefferson all in the same tier, so it wasn't even like I was that different on them, but I definitely learned from the JJ/Reagor snafu. It made me care about immediate fit less and polish more. It also made me realize I shouldn't ignore when a player puts lazy reps on tape which he was guilty of his last year at TCU. I'm not sure if the maturity issues with him were out there till after he was in the building, but it definitely made me more cautious about that too and I guess you could've used his lack of effort at times on the field as a signal for the maturity issue.

I think we all wanted us to trade up for Lamb.

31 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I guess, but it turned into our best pick by far of that draft class lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• Danger locked this topic