2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

20 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

He did but he also had one of the worst turnovers in superbowl history.

All TO's are bad. No worse then Kurt Warners pick 6 to James Harrison. 

Yet 1 QB is celebrated because his team lost on a Toe Tap last second game winning TD. Nothing he could do! about it!!

The other incompetent because his Defense literally couldn't get a stop in the 4th QT,  force a FG, allowed a 5 min game winning drive to occur for the other QB. 

Funny how that works.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Who do we trade up for?

A - Quinyon
B - Terrion
C - Fautanu
D - Latham
E - Verse

I'd be fine with Fautanu, but not happy if we take Latham. Happy if we take Quinyon/Terrion/Verse/DeJean/Wiggins.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

All TO's are bad. No worse then Kurt Warners pick 6 to James Harrison. 

Yet 1 QB is celebrated because his team lost on a Toe Tap last second game winning TD. Nothing he could do! about it!!

The other incompetent because his Defense literally couldn't get a stop,  force a FG, allowed a 5 min game winning drive to occur for the other QB. 

Funny how that works.

Im just saying that unforced turnover had as much to do with us losing as anything else in that game, imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The mistake was taking Reagor over Jefferson.  Not that we didn't trade up for Lamb.

2020: Draft Lamb, No 2nd, Without a doubt not drafting Smitty in 2021. Who knows in 2022?

2020: Draft Reagor,  Draft Hurts, Draft Smitty in 2021. Trade for AJ in 2022.

The problem with the hindsight game is the butterfly effect. Who knows what Lamb or JJ does for the Mentally Fragile Carson Wentz?

Did it help? Or does he still crack under the Nick Foles SB pressure? Do we trade for AJ two years later?

I'm ecstatic about where we ended up actually.  Only singular downside is not winning that 2022 SB. Which was easily attainable. 

Oh definitely drafting Reagor over Jefferson was a mistake too. You can add that to the list of failures at WR. 

Yes we ended up with good 1-2 WR it only took a sh*t ton of more resources than it should have because we kept screwing the draft. Hell, we could have had AJ Brown without that trade. 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Who do we trade up for?

A - Quinyon
B - Terrion
C - Fautanu
D - Latham
E - Verse

If I can only pick one then I think its Quinyon based on Pauline's report, but my heart says Terrion.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if they trade up for Fuaga. Not sure why he wasn't listed.

I think Latham could be off the board as early as 5 to the Chargers.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure why he wasn't listed.

Because I think he goes top 12, and I don't think we trade with Denver. Most likely Seattle.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Because I think he goes top 12

Think the same can be said about Latham, but fair.

I could see both going top 10 or falling to like say the Saints if they don't get aggressive like they usually do and trade up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah... Jefferson cause of the slot only stuff (he did play some outside the year before he came out in the draft I believe) and us having Ertz play there most of the time which was obviously short sided. I had Jeudy, Reagor, and Jefferson all in the same tier, so it wasn't even like I was that different on them, but I definitely learned from the JJ/Reagor snafu. It made me care about immediate fit less and polish more. It also made me realize I shouldn't ignore when a player puts lazy reps on tape which he was guilty of his last year at TCU. I'm not sure if the maturity issues with him were out there till after he was in the building, but it definitely made me more cautious about that too and I guess you could've used his lack of effort at times on the field as a signal for the maturity issue.

I think we all wanted us to trade up for Lamb.

I guess, but it turned into our best pick by far of that draft class lol.

Yes we all did wanted them to trade up for Lamb. And it says a lot about that draft class and 2017, 2019. Terrible classes all around. 

• Like 1

If we trade up for a CB are you guys of the opinion we trade JB during the draft or make him a Post June 1st cut?

I'm on record saying I think Vic wants JB and believes he can utilize him properly in 2024 since he was clearly misused in 2023.

We're not keeping both!

Edited by Nabbs4u

Fuaga is not a Lane caliber athlete, but he's a Lane caliber RT prospect, so he should be one of the first non-QB's off the board. That's my thought process at least. 

• Like 1

Trade up to 12 = Take an OT.

Trade up to 16ish = Taking a CB.

I expect the run on OT's to happen in that 9-15 range with likely multiple teams moving up for the one they want. CB's should come right after that which is why I think that is where we move to grab one. It feels like 5 QB's  and 3 WRs should be gone by 13. OT will fill up three to four of those spots and Turner definitely goes before 13. So the hope is basically that no CB's go before 13 and Bowers, Turner, and OTs just fill out those spots. Then you look to move up to 14/15/16 for your CB while other teams still try to grab the remaining OL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Fuaga is not a Lane caliber athlete, but he's a Lane caliber RT prospect, so he should be one of the first non-QB's off the board. That's my thought process at least. 

Everything is pointing to Latham going earlier than most expected. We will see if it happens, but I have seen him linked to the Titans and the Chargers now.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I got em:

1 Alt
2 Fuaga

3 Fashanu
4 Fautanu

5 Latham

6 Mims
7 Guyton

A fellow Fuaga fan 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952v9ngr3vavcpnx70p59

Think Stoutland could fix his issue of opening his hip too early when going against speed and could be a potential all pro guard for a couple years while waiting for Lane to retire. Hell... if he is an all pro guard then we may never end up moving him, but I think he has the ability to be RT too and could bounce out there when Lane ultimately misses a few games for some injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So the hope is basically that no CB's go before 13

The Raiders have been mocked corner at 13 in quite a few mocks I've seen, but they are probably the only team in the top 15 that likely does it.

My hope is we only have to move up to 16 with Seattle and can swap a 2nd for their 3rd.

• Danger locked this topic