2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Gonna be a lot of disappointed folks in here tonight when Howie trades up for an OL and we only end up w 1 day 2 pick. 

With a followup haymaker of moving down tomorrow when we are on the clock with like 5 guys we all want

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I know back in the day there were rumors we liked a back like day of the draft years ago knowshon Moreno was the favorite to be the pick but went before we selected. But I also heard that last year Howie wouldn't have taken Bijan 

Forgot about the Moreno one

Wasnt there some murmurs of them and Josh Jacobs? 

Only one I ever believed was McCaffrey, fits their blueprint. 2nd round rumor I believed was Dalvin Cook.

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

With a followup haymaker of moving down tomorrow when we are on the clock with like 5 guys we all want

"The Philadelphia Eagles have traded with the Denver Broncos to select OT Taliese Fuaga"

Howie:

pow.gif

"The Philadelphia Eagles have trade 2.53 to the Arizona Cardinals for 3.71 & 3.90 and select Zach Minter, OG & Maason Smith, DL"

Howie:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nqbd8b0o7dwxgq1b08

Everyone here trying to convince themselves it was the right move[s].

TlRNzM.gif

*No I did not look deep enough to figure out the trade values*

Edited by Scalamania
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Forgot about the Moreno one

Wasnt there some murmurs of them and Josh Jacobs? 

Only one I ever believed was McCaffrey, fits their blueprint. 2nd round rumor I believed was Dalvin Cook.

Yeah the raiders were convinced we traded up in front of them for him

51 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What do yall think about the Quinyon Mitchell visit being so secretive and not public till last night?

I am sure it means nothing.  Like anything else, there is rules in place, and I assume the clubs have to report all visits.  Just because we did not know, I highly doubt the other 31 GM's didn't know.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I am sure it means nothing.  Like anything else, there is rules in place, and I assume the clubs have to report all visits.  Just because we did not know, I highly doubt the other 31 GM's didn't know.

I feel like they'd only have to report to the league office not other teams 

3 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I feel like they'd only have to report to the league office not other teams 

You don't think the players themselves discuss what teams they visited with while on other visits?

This is getting into tin foil hat territory.

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You don't think the players themselves discuss what teams they visited with while on other visits?

This is getting into tin foil hat territory.

Wasn't sure how it worked figured some would want it hush hush 

I know some users are newer still, but just wanted to make a quick request that myself and a lot of other guys have been around for a while agree with.

Please don't spoil or hint at picks. I know you will see the pick revealed early on twitter and it might not bother you, but a lot of us enjoy the process and suspense in waiting for the name to be read on tv. Just wait for the broadcast to reveal the pick and then it is fair game to say/link to whatever you want.

Let's have a great night. Best day of the NFL offseason before the long slog until September...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Imagine how awkward it would be if your boss was on this forum 😂 

I used to take PTO on Fridays when I use to drink a lot more but now since there's no chance I'm drinking and live on the west coast I will just work tomorrow 

3 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What do yall think about the Quinyon Mitchell visit being so secretive and not public till last night?

I don’t think it means anything. The Nate Wiggins visit was also concealed till Mosher revealed it last night or this morning on the podcast. Sometimes this stuff just leaks at different times depending on when insiders (team or national) find out about it. I guess you could say they were trying to keep it under wraps they want Quinyon but Tony Pauline already reported the day before they talked to Denver about moving up and he is their target so I don’t think it’s that.

• Danger locked this topic