2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

A fellow Fuaga fan 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952v9ngr3vavcpnx70p59

Think Stoutland could fix his issue of opening his hip too early when going against speed and could be a potential all pro guard for a couple years while waiting for Lane to retire. Hell... if he is an all pro guard then we may never end up moving him, but I think he has the ability to be RT too and could bounce out there when Lane ultimately misses a few games for some injury.

He could be Brandon Brooks without anxiety at RG, but I don't think we should trade up for an OL. Stoutland can turn Christian Haynes or Kiran Amegadjie or Barton into a perennial pro bowl RG.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Raiders have been mocked corner at 13 in quite a few mocks I've seen, but they are probably the only team in the top 15 that likely does it.

My hope is we only have to move up to 16 with Seattle and can swap a 2nd for their 3rd.

I still think they are going Penix if he is there. It's a gut feeling, but I think it lines up.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hell... if he is an all pro guard then we may never end up moving him, but I think he has the ability to be RT too and could bounce out there when Lane ultimately misses a few games for some injury.

Imagine if while trying to replace 2 HOF players at OC and RT we instead drafted 2 All Pro OG's instead?

That would suck. 👌

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I still think they are going Penix if he is there. It's a gut feeling, but I think it lines up.

I can definitely see that too. They've definitely done a lot of work on the QB class.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That would suck.

Our defense would lol

Imagine instead that we took a CB in round 1, then ended up with a mere multi time pro bowl RG in round 2, rather than all-pro RG in round 1.
It's ok if our RG is only the 7th best one in the NFL and our RT is only the 4th best. They don't always have to be all-pros and HoFers. 

Edited by Jeezla

21 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Im just saying that unforced turnover had as much to do with us losing as anything else in that game, imo. 

Yes it did. so did this sequence to start the second half.

You know your defense is struggling to get stops at this point, you have to match Patrick Mahomes score for score.

Nick Foles beat Tom Brady because he kept putting points on the board.

No description available.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Our defense would lol

So are  we the only Organization incapable of finding talent on defense in rds 2 thru 7?

Why does our 1st have to be defense?

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He could be Brandon Brooks without anxiety at RG, but I don't think we should trade up for an OL. Stoutland can turn Christian Haynes or Kiran Amegadjie or Barton into a perennial pro bowl RG.

Agreed. I'm not that big on giving up picks in general, but I've been so starved for a young corner to be excited about that I wouldn't mind it, especially since I don't trust us to hit on a corner on day 2 to develop as much as I would like, but maybe having Fangio/Parker (DBs coach) in the building will help with that.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So are  we the only Organization incapable of finding talent in defense in rds 2 thru 7?

Why does our 1st have to be defense?

Are we incapable of finding good OL outside of round 1?

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed. I'm not that big on giving up picks in general, but I've been so starved for a young corner to be excited about that I wouldn't mind it, especially since I don't trust us to hit on a corner on day 2 to develop as much as I would like, but maybe having Fangio/Parker (DBs coach) in the building will help with that.

Fuaga is probably the ONLY OL I would actually be excited to land. I know this forum will burn if we go OL, but I really like Fuaga.

CB is still by far the thing I want the most.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If we trade up for a CB are you guys of the opinion we trade JB during the draft or make him a Post June 1st cut?

I'm on record saying I think Vic wants JB and believes he can utilize him properly in 2024 since he was clearly misused in 2023.

We're not keeping both!

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The only round 2 or later CB's I care about are Melton, Rakestraw, Abrams-Draine, Khyree, and Renardo- and I wouldn't trust any of them to be better than Bradberry as rookies. We need one of Quinyon/Terrion/Dejean/Wiggins/Kool-Aid, and we need them bad.